question

office-assistant1 avatar image
office-assistant1 asked ·

Network: DHCP failed, time/date out of sync, and network down

A few of our phones are working and a few are not. Apparently our network is down, but then how are those few phones working? Mine says "time/date out of sync" and earlier it said "DHCP failed".

We are in the US and have RingCentral Polycom powered phones. I personally tried unplugging mine and plugging it back in, as well as checking my own computer (which is working fine and has the RingCentral app, also working fine). I'm not exactly sure how else to reboot the phone except by unplugging it from the wall.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

kim avatar image
kim answered ·
DHCP Failed is local network error.  You may want to reboot the router/modem and see if resetting helps. 

I know you posted this Saturday so I wanted to see if you are you still having issues with this? 

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

office-assistant1 avatar image
office-assistant1 answered ·
Yes, I am still having problems with this. We were on the phone with RingCentral support for over an hour on Saturday trying to fix this. Unfortunately, we got disconnected and I only work a half day, so we decided to get it handled on Monday (today). I'll be calling them again soon to try again. I don't think she had us reset the actual router, but we reset just about everything else. I'll talk to my boss about trying that today.
11 comments Share

The phones that are down, are they pulling IP Addresses? 
0 Likes 0 · ·
No. That's what the gal with support asked. We tried a few things and they still didn't show an IP address.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Unfortunately - there is not much our team can do if the phones are not pulling IP Address.  Definitely reboot the router/modem (leave unplugged for 30-60 seconds) - hopefully the reboot will resolve this. Otherwise you'll need to get with your IT Dept to troubleshoot your local network/environment. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Were you able to get an IP Address on those phones? 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Not for nothing, but are you sure your network is stable without the phones and also do you have the network cable from the walljack plugged into the correct port on the phone? One is for the LAN connection and the other is to be plugged into a computer LAN jack.
1 Like 1 · ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces