question

brian-ingle2920 avatar image
brian-ingle2920 asked ·

Call Handling: User to drop from call after a warm transfer?

After a warm transfer, allow the transferring rep to leave the call. This would free up their line so they can get back to work!

1. US
2. Inside Sales Team - Technology
3. We need to be able to get the rep back on the phone making calls after they've completed a warm transfer. As the system is now the rep finds an interested prospect, does a warm transfer to a sales rep and then cannot get off the line without end the call for all three parties.
4. See #3
5. Productivity
6. No Case #
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

matt-mikolajczyk2801 avatar image
matt-mikolajczyk2801 answered ·
Brian,
The warm transfer option should drop the rep off the line once the transfer button is pressed again. I tested this on my system. Call comes in, I answer, press Transfer, dial the number. Once the other party picks up, I press "trnsfr" again and the call leaves my desk phone(call is now between original caller and transferred party) and my line is available to use again. I am using a Polycom VVX410 desk phone.
5 comments Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Thanks Matt, my idea or request is to not drop the rep off the line automatically - we want to have all 3 people on the call for the warm transfer but we want the transferring rep to be able to leave the call when they want or need to - leaving the prospect and the rep they transferred the call to on the line.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Ahhhh, couldn't you essentially transfer the call, get the other party on the line and staty on the line. When the rep wants to drop off then they could press the trsnfr button leaving the other 2 together whenever they like. I don't know that there is a timeout feature for the transfer.
0 Likes 0 · ·
No - when you dial the number you're transferring to and select "warm transfer" the rep you're transferring the call to is put on hold until you select "complete transfer"
0 Likes 0 · ·
Brain - then the user would not use any transfer option, but rather the Conference Calling option.

Place call #1 on Hold
Select + sign to Add Call
Select Green + to combine the 2 calls into a Conference Call. 

0 Likes 0 · ·
Kim, I'm sorry but that doesn't work - my initial comment was to NOT keep the first rep (the transferring rep) on the line for the entire call - which is necessary to keep a conference call live.
0 Likes 0 · ·
timothy-hartung avatar image
timothy-hartung answered ·
Thanks for the help Matt.  Ideally, If the initial caller could start a conference by adding their Rep to the call, introduce their Rep to the customer, let them get acquainted while still on the call, and finally be able to drop off the call without ending the entire call.  That would be best. 

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces