question

brandon-scivolette avatar image
brandon-scivolette asked ·

URGENT: Desktop App Authorization Problem

One of my remote employees cannot get her desktop app to authorize today. She doesn't have any desktop app's assigned to her currently, so her desktop app should automatically authorize like normal. However, the error she is receiving is unusual and I have never seen it before. I've verified all settings are as expected and I am not able to locate the cause of the issue. I have attached a screenshot of the message seen within the desktop app itself.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

brandon-scivolette avatar image
brandon-scivolette answered ·
Anyone?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Hi Brandon,  

We'll take a look. What number is she logging in with?   FYI... I've changed this to a private conversation so you can post details. 

Mike
4 comments Share

813-867-3221 (extension 3221). I've also learned it's an issue with Chris (extension 3225). Both often deauthorize their RC app as they switch between working remotely and in the office. It hasn't affected myself (ext 3222) or Kayla (ext 3224) since neither of us have deauthorized our app anytime recently.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hi Brandon,  Can you please have both users try to log out, then clear the App Data folder, (step 5-6 shown on this page? Then, log back in and try again. 

Mike 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Also... FYI... You (and your users), may want to visit this page and vote on this feature request:  Desktop App: Deauthorize Softphone on Exit
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hi Mike,

I tried it here, in the office, with Chris's desktop. It didn't resolve anything. But I don't have access to his remote computer, so his previous sign in to the RC app on that computer still has the local app data. Not sure if that would cause this possible solution to fail?
0 Likes 0 · ·
mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Hi Brandon,  One more thing to check and then we may need to escalate a case.   Can you verify that any other users do not have their softphones associated with the same PC that these two users are unable to authorize with?  If you find any, try unauthorizing them from those users also.   If not then we'll need to escalate a support case. 

Mike 
2 comments Share

Hi Mike,

Come on now, give me a little more credit than that! Each user has their own individual work station, both in the office and at home. No other user would log into another users computer, so that would not happen.

Also, the issue itself is not associated with the RC app itself being authorized, which would be the case if it was authorized on one computer but they attempted to login to another. They are able to login just fine and can accept inbound calls. The issue is making outbound calls only. Since Chris happened to be in the office today it didn't affect him, he uses his desk phone to make outbound calls. Christina, however, was working remotely and would have to use the RC app to make outbound calls, thus the major problem.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Thank you Brandon for testing and confirming that the error is gone. I'll mark this thread as resolved, however feel free to contact us if you run into any issues. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Hi Brandon,

Next, have them try going to the Setting screen and click Support > Technical Support > Purge Data. 

This will dump a memory cache and should work, but, you may have to do it from the other PC that they were previously logged into. 

Also,  Just curious,  do you know if both of these users remembered to log off of the previous computers?  That can sometimes cause this issue. 

Mike

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces