question

hootsuite-app avatar image
hootsuite-app asked ·

My excel file gets turned into portrait view.

In response to Kathryn Watson on FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/10153093849380255/posts/10155203054393989 Very, very disappointed! My excel file gets turned into portrait view causing a terrible experience for the person receiving the fax.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
mike avatar image
mike answered ·
I'm guessing the format on the excel file is wider than a standard 8.5 X 11  page and the system is converting to best fit the content onto a page.

If you can verify that this is the case, you might be able to reformat the page in excel so that it fits without converting to portrait view. Also, another option you might try is to save the excel file as a pdf and then fax the pdf file instead. 

Mike 
6 comments Share
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Hi Mike,

I doubt they log off of each PC every time. We rarely do that. Their typical process would be to shut down their PC without logging off the RC app. Then, before logging in from a different computer, they would deauthorize the existing desktop app session and login to the desktop app from the other PC. We haven't had any issues with this so far in 2016 assuming the first computer is turned off.

I will see if I can get my hands on the remote PC as well and try to purge the data from both.
0 Likes 0 · ·
OK.. thanks.  Let me know what happens. 

Mike 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hi Mike,

Neither worked. I was able to login to Christina's PC at home, the one she is working from now, and tried both fixes. I had cleared the app data and purged the data from her office PC before I attempted it on her home computer. The issue remains.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Can you confirm what OS both users have on their PCs? Also what version of RingCentral Desktop do they have? 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hi Mike,

Both are on Windows 10 and using the most current version of the RC app: 8.2.1.22660
0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces