question

adam-robinson3101 avatar image
adam-robinson3101 asked mary-community-moderator edited

Desktop App: Messages & HUD are not refreshing

I am having issues with software not refreshing. 

• Message notificationstake ages to arrive if at all 
  • HUD claims that either other phones are available,but they are not or they are active and they are not.  
I do not believe its a firewall issue or anissue with my router. I have turned SIP ALG off on my router which made nodifference. We have 6 seats on Windows 10 and 7 and both behave the same. I havecalled the help desk to be only advises to uninstall and reinstall.   
softphonepresencehud
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

cj-patracone9428 avatar image
cj-patracone9428 answered
I was specifically told by my IT not to download the new update as it is breaking many things here at our office, has this been released in the last few days?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

cglassy3135 avatar image
cglassy3135 answered
No I think it came out last month around April 15 or so...     We have been using the new version without problems and we have 2287 users  - as I said, it did resolve the message indicator back to current real time display instead of lagging.      If you choose not to update to the current version, the workaround is unfortunately to Log out of the app and re-login   this clears its message cache and displays the correct info.  Not a great solution, but what will work if you do not do the version update.    Check your version# using the Gear Icon and then , are you still on  version 9.43?
1 |3000

cj-patracone9428 avatar image
cj-patracone9428 answered
That explains the day behind since i login every morning, I am currently on 10.0.0
1 |3000

cglassy3135 avatar image
cglassy3135 answered
It may have something to do with it, but it could be other things on your network as well. I would  suggest that you open a RingCentral support case and ask them to review your configuration to rule out other possibilities.    Also

Saadet posted this earlier in this same thread above a few months ago ----

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 28,820 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Official Response

Hello Everyone, 

If you are having these issue, please open a case so we can get the  debug logs from the softphone and investigate what's going on.

Like   Comment
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app