question

James M Pluth avatar image
James M Pluth asked ·

Outlook Integration requires frequent log in

I have to log in everytime I open Outlook. Is there a way to stay logged in or at least remember my username and password?
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Hello James,  

Give this a try and see if it works on your end. 

When Outlook loads, and you see the RingCentral panel, click the "Single Sign-on" link, like shown below.   Then follow the prompts on your screen, it should ask you to enter your email (check the remember me box).  Follow the prompts and let me know what happens. or if this works. If it lets you log in, then close down Outlook, relaunch and see if it automatically signs you back in. 

Mike 

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

James M Pluth avatar image
James M Pluth answered ·
mike, I tried that and because I have several accounts with my email address it wouldn't let me in. I am and Admin so i ran the user report and corrected the accounts and now only my phone is associated with my email. I closed outlook, opened it again, went thru the process and got this message "Email addresses associated with multiple accounts cannot be used to log in with Single Sign-on. Please contact your company administrator." I waited 10 minutes, closed outlook, and tried again with the same result. I am positive my email address is only associated with my phone number and no others. what can I do now?
1 comment Share

James, Have you by any chance ever set up the Single Sign-on feature? View this article  Single Sign-On Overview

I'm going to do some more research. My information does not mention the Outlook add-on, but, the link is obviously there for a reason. 
Single Sign On  can be used on the Service Web, RingCentral Mobile App and Desktop App only.

I'll need to get back to you on this one.

0 Likes 0 · ·
ankit-patel avatar image
ankit-patel answered ·
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled RingCentral Outlook Plugin signs me out after 30 mins. Hello
My Outlook plug in gets signed out after 30 minutes. Is there a way to stop this from happening.
I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the software still have the same issue. The desktop app doesn't get signed out only the Outlook plug in
4 comments Share

Hi Ankit,   Just wanted to let you know I'm already looking into this.  Previously, there was a checkbox, that you could click, that would keep you logged in for one week, but it appears there has been a redesign.  

I'll update this page as soon as I get the details, and if necessary, I'll change this post to a feature request for our Product Team. 

Thanks

Mike
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hey Mike

i am working with RingCentrals support team to get SSO running. I am running into the same issue as James above. I am getting the same message Email addresses associated with multiple accounts cannot be used to log in with Single Sign-on. Please contact your company administrator.". Please advise on how to get this resolved.

Thanks
Ankit
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hi Ankit,   I located your case and it has been escalated to one of our Tier 3 agents.  At this point you'll want to follow the guidance of the agent handling the case. You can check status here:  

0 Likes 0 · ·
Hey Mike We just got SSO working. It seems that the app still get signed out even with SSO. Grant it's easier to log back in but still not an ideal solution.
0 Likes 0 · ·
mike-cullen avatar image
mike-cullen answered ·
I am having the same issue but my organization does not use Single Sign On.  Is there a way to get the login to stay connected via a "Remember Me" button or otherwise.  

FWIW I am running the plugin with Outlook 2016 on Windows 10 and we have an O365 hosted Exchange server. 

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
I'm checking with our Product Team on this one. It seems the "remember me" button was removed.  I'll update this thread when I have more details. 

Mike 

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Can everyone on this thread please chime in as we are gathering more details around this issue. Could each of you reply here and let us know what the frequency is that you have to log in again, or, how long does the app sit idle before it logs you out? 

Mike 

ankit-patel avatar image
ankit-patel answered ·
Hey Mike 

The log out for me is usually every 30 minutes.

Thanks
Ankit

mike-cullen avatar image
mike-cullen answered ·
I'd say that it is about the same for me, 30 minutes or so.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
For anyone that is still experiencing the frequent logout issue, please open a support case and in your case notes please copy and paste the following:   "Frequent Logout using Outlook Integration, related to RCINT-3372"

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Thanks folks!   I'll update this thread when I have more info, or a solution. 

Mike 

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces