question

Jonathan Cole avatar image
Jonathan Cole asked ·

Mobile App: No Internet Connection. Check Your Connection and Try Again.

I've used Ring Central in the past on my mobile device without issue, but after a factory reset, I am unable to login to RC, and repeatedly receive an error stating that there is "No internet connection.  Check your connection and try again."

Every other application on the device that uses data is functioning properly, and I'm sure that this will end up being a "duh" fix.  Can anyone advise on what I can do to resolve the issue?

It is version 8.3.0.1.72

General Topic
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
If you haven't already tried to uninstall and reinstall please do that. Then try turning off WiFi and data (switch back and forth) to see if it allows you to log in. 

Also, if you haven't tried it go to the web portal service.ringcentral.com and make sure you can log in there. 

Mike 
5 comments

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

HI AC, 

I have escalated two of these cases, and am waiting to hear what our team reports back regarding what could be causing the issue (local or RC). I'll post an update as soon as I have more info! 
1 Like 1 ·
did not solve my issue same... I can be logged in through the web portal and have the App still say i am not. connected to the i ternet. while all other apps work fine. turn off restarts data this data that remove and reinstall... same issur... cdeated new user acount download app, same issue only with RCMeetings App. I have a connected internet and no other issue than with the RC App. i can try to join a meeting thru the web portal and when it pulls the App to link the connection... Same issue. What now... strange thing it all worked fine until a forced. sign inwas mandatory. Iafter setup and sign in i, the App, never again allowed sign in. I can join, no problem..
0 Likes 0 ·
Hey "Flash" please contact Support so they can investigate :)
0 Likes 0 ·
: Mac mini 2018  MacOS Mojave. The ring apps downloaded are the current applications for Mac found on the  Ring Website. deleting and re-installing from the Apple Appstore was also tried, but failed . The  Ring Central app DID allow account log in and preferences to adjust video settings, but unable to connect to meeting links posted in group chats and invited links sent directly to account as well as email. The portal via the website displayed the same failure. Also of note, The ring meetings app  for Mac will not sign in  with  "use Google account" or by manually entering email and password. email is verified unique and enabled for sign-on. (both resulted in check network connection). Both wifi & Ethernet connections were tried (to no avail) as well as system privacy settings firewall on and off, and safari preferences (java on and off as well as permissions from ring apps to have access to camera and microphone. Allowing pop up from Ring was also tried). A new account (different email as well as contact info was also tested.. ....
0 Likes 0 ·
fitness-long-beach-14074 avatar image
fitness-long-beach-14074 answered ·
I am having the same problem but on my macbook pro. I've tried everything and won't let me log in the app, and when i try to join a meeting without logging in it says the meeting number is incorrect. 
5 comments

Hi Fitness, 

Check to see if you have the application firewall on your Mac:  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201642, it may be blocking necessary ports for the apps. For more immediate and in-depth troubleshooting, you can also open a case with our Support team :) 

1 Like 1 ·
Same here but my firewall is off, couldn't be my ISP or rotuer settings as I have no issue running RC meetings on my iPhone. 
1 Like 1 ·
Hi Everyone, 

Can you confirm if you are able to access the app via your mobile device? If you can access the app from your mobile device, but not your Mac, there is something on your Mac blocking the app. Please reach out to Technical Support here to for more advanced troubleshooting that I don't have access to as a Community moderator :) 
1 Like 1 ·
Same problem here EXACTLEY THE SAME. Looks like im not the only ONE! Firewell OFF on my mac too. DOESNT WORK. SUPPORT TEAM can u please help up?
0 Likes 0 ·
Like i already told u since 3 days, from the app on my iphone connect to same wifi, app is working perfectly. TE HBICAL SUPPORT CANT HELP ME THRUGHT CHAT SUPPORT because i have to upgrade my account and IM NOT GONNA PAY ONLY TO FIND OUT JPW TO OPEN UR APP...support team should help us for free i guess....3 days and still having same problem and NO ONE ALREADY HELPED ME. Damn SUPPORT TEAM WHERE Are u?
0 Likes 0 ·
fitness-long-beach-14074 avatar image
fitness-long-beach-14074 answered ·
I have turned firewall off and still doesn't work. What is interesting is that it was working fine till last week. I haven't changed anything and all of sudden it stupid working

edoardo-tuo14054 avatar image
edoardo-tuo14054 answered ·
Same problem here EXACTLEY THE SAME. Looks like im not the only ONE! Firewell OFF on my mac too. DOESNT WORK. SUPPORT TEAM can u please help up?

andrea-spees12607 avatar image
andrea-spees12607 answered ·
I'm getting the same error - I am trying to install RingCentral App for the first time on a mac and am getting Error: Please check your network connection and try again. The mac firewall is turned off completely.
1 comment

Update - we upgraded to Mojave 10.14 but we are still having the same issue.  Luckily we have Miguel from chat support escalating this issue with RC engineers so I'm hopeful to get this resolved soon!
0 Likes 0 ·
edoardo-tuo14054 avatar image
edoardo-tuo14054 answered ·
Mojava 10.14.3 on my mac and still same error ....

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager answered ·
Everyone - we have escalated this issue to the appropriate parties.
We will post updates as soon as they are available on the impacted threads.

Please stay tuned. Thank you!
3 comments

Same issue here on my Mac can log in fine to web portal just not ring central meetings app 
1 Like 1 ·
SO?????? WHEN R WE GONNA FINALLY RECIVE A HELP FROM STAFF???
7 DAYS AND U STILL HAVENT FIND OUT HOW TO FIX IT???/ WHAT TEAM IS THAT???? 
1 Like 1 ·
Any new update about the issue? Im waiting for a reply on my email from ur support team! IS ALREADY ONE WEEK HAVING THIS PROBLEM! Damn! What is this? Is ridiculous!!! Trust me
0 Likes 0 ·
kris8599 avatar image
kris8599 answered ·
Same issue with iMac for Meetings on latest 10.14.3 Mojave

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered ·
Hi Everyone! 

I have received confirmation from Tier 3 that this is a known bug that is being researched now. I was advised that then new Mac OS is not yet supported, causing the issue. It was recommended to revert back to a previous OS, I've asked for confirmation as to the exact preferred OS to revert back to. I'll update this thread when I get more info!
6 comments

Riiiiight. Spend a day or more rolling back to a previous OS, or sign up for a different meeting platform? Which does Tier 3 think is a better use of a customer's time? Gotta love those support guys who aren't on the front line and their...er...novel...suggestions.

1 Like 1 ·
Thank you Jessica, for providing updates.  Please keep them coming!
We have business users in the field that are waiting for this fix and by the activity on this thread, there are many others.  

Note: for my case the user had the issue on both Sierra 10.12 and Mojave 10.14.  

0 Likes 0 ·
Dont waste your time. I went back to MacOS High Sierra and had the same issue .
0 Likes 0 ·
I believe it has something to do with encryption. It seems you can access a meeting if the host has end to end encryption turned on.
0 Likes 0 ·
Jessica - I have been running older versions of OSX (10.11 an 10.12) throughout this whole ordeal so Tier 3's assessment that the new version of the OS isn't supported isn't relevant in my case. I still haven't heard a peep from Tier 3, btw.

Also, I did some testing with iTunes and the RingCentral Meetings app based on what Trevor reported, and while enabling iTunes might have affected his ability to connect to RingCentral Meetings, disabling iTunes on the OS partition where I can't connect to RC Meetings had no effect. I still can't connect.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
kris8599 avatar image
kris8599 answered ·
Downgrading from macOS 10.14 is not [practically] possible.  Reformatting computer is not an option.

Developer release of Mojave was in June '18, 8 months ago, and released to public in September '18, 6 months ago.

When will Meetings be upgraded to support Mojave?

I note that Zoom, which underpins Meetings, is fully functional and works with Mojave.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app