question

card-connect avatar image
card-connect asked beau-archibald answered

Caller can't hear me.

Downloaded Ring app to Iphone 6s Plus. When a call comes in the caller can't hear me. I can hear them though. If I push the keypad on phone they hear that on the callers side but cannot hear my voice. Any Ideas?

phone
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

alfred avatar image alfred commented ·
I am able to hear the visitors, but visitors cant hear me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I have changed WiFi and turn on and off cellular data to no avail. Please help.
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 alfred commented ·
Hey Alfred,

It's possible that this is network related. I would suggest contacting support so we can troubleshoot and get down to the root cause. 

0 Likes 0 ·
angeheb9493 avatar image
angeheb9493 answered mike Deactivated commented
I'm having the same exact issue. Incoming caller cannot hear me, or claims my voice sounds very low/far away even though the volume is at its highest. I can hear them perfectly though. They seem to hear me when I put them on speakerphone but cannot pick up every call on speakerphone. Very frustrating. 
* I want to add that I am on an iPhone 6s with Verizon. This problem isn't occurring with colleagues on T Mobile or AT&T. 
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image mike commented ·
Can you please provide more details? It sounds like your issue may be a little different.  having  low, or faint volume would be different than none at all. This could be an issue with the volume settings on the device (maybe on the other users end). 

Here's a thread from Apple that shows some possible solutions:   http://www.iphonetopics.com/iphone-6-plus-volume/

If all the settings seem correct, but you are noticing this on specific calls, ie. Verizon only. then please open a support case and include call samples with dates, times and numbers.  

Mike

0 Likes 0 ·
vacuum-store3356 avatar image
vacuum-store3356 answered mike Deactivated commented
Me too. Been going on for a few months now. Lately it's been more of them hearing me but I can't hear them. 2-3 times a day. When they call back it connects. Happened more on my desktop phone than my mobile.
1 comment
1 |3000

If you find it happening on the desktop app vs the mobile app then that would most likely indicate a network issue.  For any voice problems it's always best to check the router configuration.  If everything is correct and this still occurs, then capture the date, time, and the phone numbers involved and open a support case for escalation. 

Network requirements

0 Likes 0 ·
card-connect avatar image
card-connect answered mike Deactivated commented
Ok I figured it out...   when I downloaded the app to the smartphone, the app did not ask  to use the microphone.   I deleted the app and reinstalled it.  When I did the microphone permission pop up appeared.  It now works fine.
1 comment
1 |3000

Great. Thanks for the follow-up!

For anyone else who may have this issue. You can check your phones speaker/mic settings by going to Settings > Audio and you'll see drop-down menus where you can select your microphone, speaker, and ringer options.

Mike

0 Likes 0 ·
robin-melone6003 avatar image
robin-melone6003 answered J.B. Ferguson commented
Callers cannot hear me when they call or when I call.  It happens from the app on my computer and from my phone.  I have adjusted and tried different VOIP settings.  I have adjusted the volume settings.  I have adjusted the microphone settings.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and the phone app.  Nothing has worked.  I am cancelling my account.  This service is terrible.  
3 comments
1 |3000

J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
Robin,

Have you or your IT personnel set up the network router configuration for QoS (Quality of Service) properly? This is almost always the reason that you experience the issues you are facing.

This Knowledge Based article will point you in the right direction:

Here's an additional resource for you regarding QoS.
1 Like 1 ·
J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
Robin,

Both those links worked when I placed them there, but that was a week ago. I copied them straight from my browser, which was obviously on the non-404 page when I found the information for you. RingCentral, as well as other sites, may occasionally change pages and URLs for them.

I'm not sure if you are aware but on the RingCentral home page there is a search dialog which allows you to search for many items including their blog, their Knowledge Based articles and more.

Try these instead (again these work as I paste them here now):
https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/VoIP-Connectivity-Issues?language=en_US

https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/9233?language=en_US

1 Like 1 ·
robin-melone6003 avatar image robin-melone6003 commented ·
Both of those links go to Error 404.  Not helpful.  You should check your links.
0 Likes 0 ·
lawrence-thaler8035 avatar image
lawrence-thaler8035 answered saadetswift16514 commented
bump.  the indicator on the desktop app shows almost no sound level on the mic input.  the computer sees the input fine..  this is on a mac
1 comment
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Lawrence,

Please open up a case so we can troubleshoot with you.
0 Likes 0 ·
Vera Tiny Dozier avatar image
Vera Tiny Dozier answered saadetswift16514 commented
The caller said they can hear there voice with an echo, but cannot hear me talking to them.
1 comment
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hello Vera,

This could be network related - please open a case with us and include Call Samples so we can look into it :)
0 Likes 0 ·
karalyn-hipsley12038 avatar image
karalyn-hipsley12038 answered
About half of my callers cannot hear me (about 30 calls a day) I have tried using the RC Phone and the RingCentral app and both have the same results. The speaker on my phone is fine, it's a new iphoneX and i am heard very clearly when I'm not using these apps. I have tired reinstalling these apps and the apps have permission to access my microphone. I am literally yelling into my phone and I cannot be heard. Please help before I lose my voice. 
1 |3000

justin-blair12057 avatar image
justin-blair12057 answered
This afternoon I started getting issues with callers not being able to hear me. I can hear them, but for them every other word cuts out. It's not my carrier, my regular call service works perfectly fine. It's only the app. It's not a latency issue, no faults with internet or wifi, and we have no packet loss. I have tried reinstalling, logging out, rebooting devices, you name it. Please help.
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hello Everyone,

If you're experiencing issues, please contact our Support Team so we can troubleshoot. There are multiple things that could be causing the issue.

1 |3000

beau-archibald avatar image
beau-archibald answered
Yeah been frustrating 
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app