question

John avatar image
John asked ·

Norton Security firewall alert after upgrading to Softphone 8.3.5.

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Norton Security Version 22.8.0.50
Softphone Version 8.3.5

After upgrading to softphone 8.3.5, a Norton Security Firewall Alert is issued upon launching softphone:

"! SoftPhoneMapiBridge does not have a valid digital signature"

"Very Few Users ... Fewer that 5 users in the Norton Community have used this file."

"Very New ... This file was released less than 1 week ago."

"Unproven ... There is not enough information about this file to recommend it."

Not sure if this is anything to be concerned about. I have just clicked "OK" and continued to use softphone. I have the options to "Allow always" and "Do not notify me again" but I haven't yet selected those.

Any comments or suggestions?
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Sounds pretty typical. Let us know if you see any issues. 

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

John avatar image
John answered ·
Thanks, and I will. First, one and only time I've ever seen this.

keith-badiner avatar image
keith-badiner answered ·
My Trend Micro malware detector stopped "SoftPhoneMapiBridge.exe". What does this do? Should I unblock it? Malware reports these 3 items:
1) Name:SoftPhoneMapiBridge.exeResponse:BlockedTargeted file:log_171003_080607.log
2) Name:SoftPhoneMapiBridge.exeResponse:BlockedTargeted file:log_171003_080541.log
3) Name:SoftPhoneMapiBridge.exeResponse:BlockedTargeted file:~Outlook - BIA-MAIN-HP-Outlook.pst.tmp

2 comments Share

Hello Keith,

What version of the softphone are you on?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Also, after doing some research this is referring to the protocol that integrates with the faxing service of the softphone so you should allow it :) Hope that helps!
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces