question

brent-whitfield3622 avatar image
brent-whitfield3622 asked ·

Tapi Source

I use a CRM application called Connectwise. It supports TAPI Sources for dialing. I've installed the RingCentral Desktop app for windows, but it does not seem to install itself as a "TAPI Source" in windows. Is RC supported as a Tapi source?
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

george-bardissi3891 avatar image
george-bardissi3891 answered ·

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Justin Swall avatar image
Justin Swall answered ·
I also use ConnectWise and although it's true that you can't use the TAPI intergration, you can use the F6 hotkey to dial any number you have highlighted.  So personally I just highlight the number on the ticket/contact/company record and press F6 to make RingCentral Desktop dial that number.  True, it's a workaround but at least it's something :)

jorge-rojas3912 avatar image
jorge-rojas3912 answered ·
That is great thanks for the tip,  I kept coping and pasting.  Is sad that they have  not develop the tapi driver, I was told it was coming when we signed up in 2014

jorge-rojas3912 avatar image
jorge-rojas3912 answered ·
That is great thanks for the tip,  I kept coping and pasting.  Is sad that they have  not develop the tapi driver, I was told it was coming when we signed up in 2014

Justin Swall avatar image
Justin Swall answered ·
It's equally sad that ConnectWise hasn't given us the option to turn all of the Skype or TAPI links in the application to simple tel: links or callto: links... that would also easily solve the problem.  But alas no one will help us out here :)  hehe
1 comment Share

That would be a good solution on the CW side to allow dialing through the desktop app, at least.  I would not hold your breath for TAPI support as that died some years ago along with Windows XP as I understand..
1 Like 1 · ·
mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Sorry for the delay on this one, but I did verify that TAPI is not supported.  

Mike

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces