question

anderson3337 avatar image
anderson3337 asked ·

Replace fax machine...

We are wondering if there is a way to replace the standard fax machine? We know we can send faxes out via email (outbound). But can we utilize RC to do inbound to a fax number? Faxes might come into a mailbox instead of to the machine itself anytime something is sent to that number.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

cheryl-pelletier avatar image
cheryl-pelletier answered ·
Yes - this is the only fax machine we use - you can send via email or from the web site - which ever works for you - the emails come into three email addresses so someone sees them no matter what.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Thanks for chiming in Cheryl!!!

To add a little more clarification, with RingCentral you can send or retrieve received faxes via the RingCentral Desktop app which you can install on a Mac or PC,  or you through our web portal. 

Let us know if you need more details. 

Mike

anderson3337 answered ·
The desktop app does not work in the Citrix enviroment - we have thin client devices that act as basically a dummie terminal to get employees to the servers which then host our applications.

What are my options?

Chuck Fuscone avatar image
Chuck Fuscone answered ·
How would you like to receive in bound faxes?  In E-Mail?

What would be the best scenario for you?

Chuck
Certified RC Installer

anderson3337 answered ·
Yes, probably email. So if someone faxes something to that accounting fax number, it would instead get re-routed to email. Or if there is something else we can do to eliminate evening paying for that analog line and utilize RC?

Chuck Fuscone answered ·
Yes, that is how it would work.  I usually setup a virtual extension for the fax number, If you have one to port from an analog line then do that first.

This is how I setup all my customers

You fell comfortable with doing this work?

If not let me know

Chuck
Certified RC Installer
Chuck@yoritguy.com

anderson3337 answered ·
I would need some instructions and then might be okay trying to set it up...

anderson3337 answered ·
Randall Ayers and his team helped me port all of our regular numbers from Sprint, but not the fax lines. Do I contact the vendor who has the line now or can do the porting process through RC? Should I contact Randall?

Chuck Fuscone answered ·
The number porting could be a bit intimidating for some.  Have you ported numbers before?  I would start by porting that analog fax number over to RC, then once it is there, associate it with the new Virtual extension you create for Faxing

You create a user without a phone (This is also called a virtual extension) assign password ETC and get it all set, then turn off things like on hold music , screening, voice mail ETC, as these things are not needed for a fax line.

Then in the notifications section put the E-mail address you want the faxes to arrive at

Should be that simple

Chuck
Certified RC Installer
Chuck@yoritguy.com

anderson3337 answered ·
Okay. I should wait to set up the virtual extension until the porting process is complete?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces