question

georgia-stratton2197 avatar image
georgia-stratton2197 asked ·

Record Voicemail using Computer Microphone

We have a Canadian account. Previously, we were able to record voicemail greetings using our computer microphones through the RingCentral portal. That feature is no longer available since the website interface was updated. We would really like it back! It was much easier to use than the Record over the phone option, especially since we use headsets. Having to be called is an annoying extra step. 

topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered ·
Georgia,

This has been discussed in a different thread as well. It appears that for some reason this occurs in Chrome (and possibly Internet Explorer, although I can't verify the latter). It does not occur in the Firefox browser. You might want to try to download Mozilla Firefox and use that as your browser when using the RingCentral admin portal.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

georgia-stratton2197 avatar image
georgia-stratton2197 answered ·
Thanks! Chrome is our corporate browser, and we are not allowed to install other browsers, so we can't use Firefox unfortunately.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
As Jan stated, I'm looking into this. I don't believe it was taken away rather, I think there's something going on browser related.  I'll get to the bottom of this and let you all know. 

Meanwhile... I'll be merging this thread into the related topic that was started earlier. 

Mike 

J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered ·
I forgot to mention that this is being looked into by RIngCentral support personnel.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces