question

martinfs avatar image
martinfs asked ·

Very low volume on iphone ring-tone

I have my Win-10 desktop Ring application set to transfer calls immediately to my iPhone (Verizon carrier) Ring app.  But when a call comes in the volume of the ring tone is so low I can barely hear it even in a quiet room. I've tried all the volume adjustments I can find on the iPhone but that doesn't seem to affect the Ring app's ring volume. (I also seem to have the problem reported by others that the call on the iPhone drops before I can answer it, but I'll go after that issue once I can hear the incoming call's ring-tone!) Ring app version on iPhone is "8.4.2.1.10 (44.5.10.2)"  Desktop Ring version is "8.3.5.24028".

Thanks!
Martin

topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
luke avatar image
luke answered ·
Hi Martin, great questions. First, to look into the ring volume, do you have the integrated calling feature enabled in the RingCentral app? There's a good walk-through of how to enable this feature and what it does on the integrated calling overview page. If you have this feature enabled then the ringtone volume is being controlled by your iPhone settings under the Settings app > Sounds (or Sounds & Haptics) > Ringer And Alerts. Once you have integrated calling enabled, try increasing the volume there and see if that helps.

On your second question about not being able to answer the call before it stops ringing, could you check your extension settings and see how long it is set to ring your smartphone app? You can see how to find and change this setting on our page for changing business hours call rules.
2 comments Share
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Luke--thanks for the response!

I do have Integrated calling enabled on my IPhone but still get VERY low volume when I "play" the selected audio ring-time. 

I have the call transfer set up to transfer on first ring, 24 hours a day.

Martin
0 Likes 0 · ·
Does the volume of the ring still change when you change that setting in your iPhone settings app? If the volume level is changing then everything is working as designed but maybe the tone that our app uses is not as loud as the tone that you use for your ring tone on your phone.
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces