question

hootsuite-app avatar image
hootsuite-app asked ·

Is there any plan to bring the Ringcentral Data Archiver to Google Drive?

In response to Michael Arndt on FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/847499235393237/posts/10155760511038989 Is there any plan to bring the Ringcentral Data Archiver to Google Drive? I don't really use Dropbox.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

lawrence-juster avatar image
lawrence-juster answered ·
Yes, it is coming!! :)

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

juan-f. avatar image
juan-f. answered ·
Amazon S3 ?

rose-gan avatar image
rose-gan answered ·
Amazon S3 support is also on our roadmap.

arndt avatar image
arndt answered ·
Any update on this?

lawrence-juster avatar image
lawrence-juster answered ·
It is still on the roadmap and should be next in line to be added to the RingCentral Archiver.

rye avatar image
rye answered ·
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Google Drive Integration. Is it possible to save voice messages and ACR to google drive?

If this feature is not yet available can it be integrated in the future?

As we know recordings stay in the call logs for a period of 90 days.  I know that dropbox is an option but a customer of mine prefers to use google drive.

Thank you.

lawrence-juster-super-admin avatar image
lawrence-juster-super-admin answered ·
Hello Rye, we are still on track to get this rolled out. It is on the roadmap and once it passes all the testing phases, we will release it. It is coming and we know there are many customers anxious to have GDrive added to our Archiver. 
1 comment Share

Thanks for the update Lawrence. We'll look forward to its release.
0 Likes 0 · ·
michael-arndt avatar image
michael-arndt answered ·
I checked the Data Archiver site this morning and it looks like Google Drive was added. I went ahead and activated it. There doesn't seem to be an option to control which folder it saves files to which is disappointing. Any chance that will be added? I would definitely like an option to save to a Team Drive.
11 comments Share

I think that I am getting lots of duplicate recordings saved to Google Drive.  Also, the RingCentral Archiver is creating lots of crazy named folders.  It seems that it should be creating a folder for each user and then subfolders for calls and sub-subfolders for inbound and outbound.  It is creating these folders and a lot more.  Please help me make sense of the madness.   
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hi Michael, thank you for letting us know your feedback. The idea of allowing users to specify which folder to save files to is recorded as a backlog item. We'll investigate the feasibility.

1 Like 1 · ·
Hi Jason, since an admin user could archive the call recordings of every extension user he/she manages, to better organise the data Archiver creates a sub-folder for each extension user and creates sub-folders to distinguish inbound/outbound calls. As for the issue you mentioned that duplicate recordings are saved to Google Drive, would you mind letting us know more details of the messed data by sending over a screenshot of the duplicate recordings to  integration.service@ringcentral.com? We'll look into the issue. Thank you.
1 Like 1 · ·
I currently have three separate folders under My Drive called RingCentral Application.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Sorry for the troubles you have. We had an issue 2 weeks ago which may cause the problem you described. We already did a clean-up and recovery for you. Could you pls have a double check?
1 Like 1 · ·
Show more comments
michael-arndt avatar image
michael-arndt answered ·
Man, I'm really disappointed in how Ringcentral is handling the Data Archiver. Great idea, terrible execution.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces