question

extention- avatar image
extention- asked ·

Ringing back to user with mobile app when transfered

When we use the mobile app and transfer a call to another user both the user that the call was transferred to and the user that transferred the call will ring. This started happening a month or so ago. Both iphone and android.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

luke avatar image
luke answered ·
It turns out that this is an issue we have discovered with some versions of our RingCentral smartphone app. I believe this is resolved in our recently-released version 9.0 of the smartphone app. Could you try updating everyone to this version and see if the issue continues?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadet.swift avatar image
saadet.swift answered ·
Hello,

Are you still having issues or did updating the app solve the occurrence? 

extention- avatar image
extention- answered ·
It is still happening. The updates didn't fix it. 
2 comments Share

Hello,

I would open up a support case for this and include the following information:

1) When the problem started to occur
2) Version of the mobile app
3) Type of phone (Android or iPhone) and current version of the operating system 
4) A call example that is within 24 hours so that we can investigate it

I will keep this thread open so that you can provide an update. Feel free to include your ticket number as well so that I can check up on it.

0 Likes 0 · ·
Case Number 06340671
1 Like 1 · ·
john-walker6353 avatar image
john-walker6353 answered ·
This is still happening for us as well.

aseneth-murphy avatar image
aseneth-murphy answered ·
Yes. I am experiencing the same problem. We use a ring group for our main line as it rings everyone, but if I answer and then transfer to the direct line of someone else in the ring group, everyone in the ring group rings again even though its a transfer to a specific line.
1 comment Share

Hello Aseneth Murphy,

Please open up a case and include the information I mentioned above so we can investigate :)
0 Likes 0 · ·
heather-matera avatar image
heather-matera answered ·
I'm having the same problem!  I guess the support guy I was speaking with a moment ago didn't understand what I was describing cause he said it was normal - even though it only started like 10 days ago
1 comment Share

Hello Heather,

So sorry for the frustration! Please open up a case and include the information I mentioned above :)
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces