question

hazardous4334 avatar image
hazardous4334 asked ·

Filemaker: Can RingCentral desktop app be used with Filemaker Pro database on the Mac?

I have a Filemaker database and would like dial the number from Filemaker using the RingCentral softphone on a Mac.  Is this possible?  If so, how?
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

joseph2196 avatar image
joseph2196 answered ·
For initiating calls use a (hidden) webviewer.. here is my code.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

luke2909 avatar image
luke2909 answered ·
It turns out there is not a built-in way to accomplish this in the RingCentral for Desktop app. There may be a way to implement this though. If the administrator of your Filemaker database allows Filemaker to format phone numbers properly, and if you view the database in the Google Chrome browser with the RingCentral for Google plugin, you might get it to work. 

Every implementation of Filemaker is different, so it's hard to say if this would be possible with your database. I'm not knowledgeable in Filemaker to say myself, but have your Filemaker admin check out the links I found above and see if this could work for what you have.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces