question

dave-johnson avatar image
dave-johnson asked ·

Password Protected Attachment

topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered ·
Dave,

Can you be more specific on what you are asking? Your three word question does not really ask anything. What are you wanting to do with RingCentral in regard to your question?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

dave-johnson answered ·
I send confidential documents to my clients that needs a password to gain access, I need to send these documents using my email fax.
1 comment Share

I agree that there is a need for faxing password protected documents.  Especially in these times, it is CRITICAL to have such a feature.
0 Likes 0 · ·
J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered ·
As far as I know, there is no such functionality in RingCentral. I'm not a fax expert by any means but I've never heard of or encounteted that type of functionality in fax transmissions. Of course that would be possible via directly emailing a document to a client, but once the document becomes part of a fax document it is sent out as part of the fax, which is not protected.

dave-johnson answered ·
The documents I sent needs a password to have it opened which the clients knows, the person I spoke to yesterday said, "these documents could not be sent because they were password protected".
3 comments Share

Dave,  That would be normal.  When you send a docuement via fax, there's a data conversion process that occurs.  Although the output file may coincidentally be the same file type (word, pdf, etc), it's technically not the same file.  It's not possible for a document with anything like password protection or editable fields to be retained in the fax process. 

Your best alternative to would be to send the file via email or our Glip app works very will for file sharing. If you haven't tried Glip, I would highly recommend it for this type issue. 

Mike 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Could you expand more oh the Glip works and say if there are additional cost involved

0 Likes 0 · ·
Glip is RingCentral's product for chat, task management, file sharing and a lot more. You could use Glip to share the encrypted files with customers by having them sign up as a guest user with your company's Glip account. There is more information on our Glip: Frequently Asked Questions page and the Glip Overview page.
1 Like 1 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces