question

tbmg-reception avatar image
tbmg-reception asked ·

basic call transfer to intercom not working

I am new to RC and am having difficulty completing a basic transfer of calls to various intercom extensions. I have followed the step by step directions in the user guide but when I hit intercom and their extension I get music but it does nothing on their end and the caller is left on hold waiting while I am trying to transfer the call for much longer than necessary. Our phones are set up for default consultative transfer as we prefer. Not blind transfer. Do I need the settings changed or am I not doing something correctly?
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno avatar image
danno answered ·
What model phones are you using?
1 comment Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

VVX411
0 Likes 0 · ·
danno avatar image
danno answered ·
I'm going to assume Polycom:

Depress Transfer Soft Key

Dial extension number - converse with intended party

Depress Send Soft Key

Hang up

2 comments Share

In other words, do not use the Intercom key. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Thanks for responding. I hit transfer soft key, dial extension number, automated voice comes on and says wait while I try that extension, then music comes on but its not ringing on the other end. In other words I never get to point where I let them know who's on the line or the ability to depress the Send soft key. Could there be an issue with our settings?
0 Likes 0 · ·
chris-duquette avatar image
chris-duquette answered ·
if you're using cisco

while on call press bxfer
enter extension number
press dial 
and hangup
call should go to that extension
2 comments Share

TBMG referenced consultative transfer.
0 Likes 0 · ·
my bad :/
0 Likes 0 · ·
mike avatar image
mike answered ·
TBMG Reception,  Reply back if you still need help and I'll have a support agent assist. 

Mike 

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces