question

brian-mathis4544 avatar image
brian-mathis4544 asked ericnixmd10364 commented

Ring Central Desktop should not set RC Fax as default printer

When installing, and especially when upgrading to a new release, the Ring Central Desktop software should not set the RC Fax as the default printer.

I understand you guys are proud of the work you do, but almost nobody sends faxes these days, and RC Desktop should not be so aggressive in setting itself up as the default printer. I have seen this twice now, first when I initially installed the software, and then again when an update came out and I installed that. From a user perspective it makes no sense as I'm am almost never going to send a fax, so I never want it as default. It should be available when I need it, but otherwise should not change my settings.

ringcentral appfax
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jay-nichols1734 avatar image
jay-nichols1734 answered
I haven't seen this problem, when updating to a new release, my default printer (which is CutePDF as most of my printings go to files) remains as I set it.  Are you on a Windows or Apple device? 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

brian-mathis4544 avatar image
brian-mathis4544 answered ericnixmd10364 commented
Yes, good point.  I'm on Windows 7 64-bit.  I will keep an eye out and see if it happens again, but the developers can easily tell if that's what their code is doing.
2 comments
1 |3000

mike avatar image mike commented ·
Brian,  There is likely something else that changed your default printer the RingCentral Desktop app won't change the PCs default. 
0 Likes 0 ·
ericnixmd10364 avatar image ericnixmd10364 commented ·
It happens to me every time I upgrade RingCentral Phone.  I always have to go back and change it.  No update, doesn't change default printers.  There is something with the installation that causes it.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app