question

scott4734 avatar image
scott4734 asked ·

Is there a way to restore deleted SMS messages?

accidentely deleted all sms messages on my mobile app, was trying to delete one and deleted all, is there a way to restore them?
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

chris-duquette4018 avatar image
chris-duquette4018 answered ·
im not sure but if theres not itd be a nice addition, to be able to get those recently deleted messages back

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
No, sorry there is not. Going forward, I would recommend backing them up with RingCentral's Archiver, which backs everything up to a DropBox account. In the future they'll be adding additional cloud storage services as well.

See:  RingCentral for Dropbox

8 comments Share

Than I would suggest an elevated alert, or two factor (force the use of a password) or something before you can delete all messages from a user with no option to retrieve them.  That is security 101 when dealing with end users that are still getting used to a product to help prevent them from doing something catastrophic.

Scott

0 Likes 0 · ·
Interesting development, all of the messages are still showing on my desktop app logged in with the same ringcentral phone number, is there some way to re-sync them to the mobile app??
0 Likes 0 · ·
It's not likely the messages were deleted if they are showing up in the desktkop app.  Log off the mobile app, then log back in with the same credentials as you did with the desktkpo app.  (did you by any chance log in with a direct number on one and/or the main # + extension on the other?

Mike 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Im almost afraid to do anything until we can get the archive feature turned on on my account....snafu with my account manager.

both apps show as logged in with my direct line
0 Likes 0 · ·
Scott,  Is the mobile device using the phones data signal, or is it a wifi signal on the same network as the PC?  If they are logged in with the same credentials they should be all synced up unless there's a network configuration/signaling problem.

Mike
0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments
cglassy3135 avatar image
cglassy3135 answered ·
Will there be a way to back these up to Google Drive - as you are partnered with Google - and we are a fully Google-user organization?
1 comment Share

Yes Cecile... but I don't have an ETA yet. 

0 Likes 0 · ·
Jimmy Davenport avatar image
Jimmy Davenport answered ·
Hello.  I just lost a year's worth of sms messages on my Samsung S5 mobile phone app.  However, those same sms messages remain on my Windows 10 computer app.  Up until now, the Ring Central app on my phone and all of my computers have always synced up.  Spoke to technical support.  We tried to re sync but no luck. The tech support person was very nice and very patient with me but kept insisting that I had somehow deleted the sms messages from my cell phone.  If that were the case, wouldn't they automatically be deleted from my desktop app as well?  Please help.  Thanks.  Jimmy D.
3 comments Share

moving to new/private conversation Please reference the new conversation here: SMS not syncing on mobile app
0 Likes 0 · ·
Similar issue here today. I just lost sms dated between 8/12/2018 and 5/25/2018 on my IPhone X  mobile phone app. However, June 2018 sms messages remain on my Windows 10 computer app sms messages between 8/12/2018 and 6/25/2018 are missing from Windows Desktop.  Up until today, the Ring Central app on my phone and all of my computers have always synced up.  
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hey RingCentral User, we'll need you to open a case so we can gather debug logs from the mobile and desktop apps and further investigate
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces