question

khakh5403 avatar image
khakh5403 asked khakh5403 commented

Live Queue Monitor - Callers Stuck in Queue

Hi,

We've had an issue with our call wrap up time for our main call queue for several months now. Callers randomly get "stuck" in the queue for a minute or longer when there's available agents waiting for the call to come through their phones. Our call wrap up time is set to 0 seconds and ring simultaneously which works fine most of the time, but there are several calls throughout the day where some unlucky callers get stuck in the queue for no reason. Is anyone else experiencing this or a similar issue?

call queues
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike Deactivated answered khakh5403 commented
We'll need some details to work with.  If this happens again, can you capture the details, dates, time, numbers etc. and open a support case?

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

robert-n15533 avatar image robert-n15533 commented ·
This happened to us today as well. All of our reps were available take calls but two calls were stuck. I could note the date, time but there's no way for us to see who is calling us (unless there's a trick I don't know)
1 Like 1 ·
khakh5403 avatar image khakh5403 commented ·
This happens to intermittently for the past two years. We've had several cases opened about the same issue, but the first tier support don't know how to solve it and asks the same question of "is it still happening" and that's seems to be their only method of diagnosing this problem. Robert, this happened to us again about 15 mins ago as well for two calls. We noticed that we had 3-4 agents available, but on their call status were set as "on a call" or "busy" even though they're not, and that's probably the glitch that's causing these calls getting stuck. Hopefully someone can take a deeper dive into this problem after having this problem for over two years.
0 Likes 0 ·
mike-reilly avatar image
mike-reilly answered khakh5403 commented
Was/is there a resolution for this? I am on my first week of adopting RingCentral and I have this happening currently to one of our higher level employees. 
1 comment
1 |3000

khakh5403 avatar image khakh5403 commented ·
It happens very infrequently for us now, but there was never a real solution that was communicated to us. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app