question

this-guy4866 avatar image
this-guy4866 asked ·

Is this the new normal for ring central customer service?

I've been a RingCentral customer since around 2010, back when they used to supply VOIP service for Rogers. I have always been a big fan. I have maybe called 3 times over the span of these years when there has been a problem. The support has always been top notch, and the fact that I have only had to call 3 times says something about the product. In the past, the first person who answers the phone was always able to do basic trouble shooting and each time the connection issue I was experiencing was solved by them "resetting" the system on their end. Our phones would reboot, everything back to normal, perfect. 
I recently had a problem where our clients would call our number and we would not be able to hear them. They could hear us but not the other way. We reset our modem and phones. Then we unplugged them all, and plugged them back in. We have a dedicated internet connection for just the phones and it was tested at full speed (25mbps down, 5mbps up). I called RingCentral support. Below is the service I received which was not at all helpful. Wondering if this is the new normal for RingCentral support? 
I was asked every question that was possible. Even though I went through the steps I had already taken. I was still told to "reset my router", "unplug my phones" etc. My internet connection was blamed, as was my ability to unplug and re-plug in my phones. After all was said and done I was told that the support staff can no longer reset or even look at the problem. It would have to be elevated to level 2 support which would be 24-48 hours to respond. So I am supposed to go without our business phone working for up to 48 hours? Unacceptable! During the phone call with support (on my cell phone) our office line was ringing off the hook and the call staff were taking call after call that could not be completed. This was shown on the call logs that support could see.  I told the support staff I couldn't wait that long and after much complaining she told me someone would call same day ... ... the following day I got a return call. 
In that time I was somehow able to get the phones working, so perhaps it wasn't a problem on the ringcentral side .. or maybe they fixed it, I don't know. I didn't do anything different than I had done before, I just did the same thing many more times. Either way that is bad service practices. 
It actually gets worse. So when "level 2" support called me I was in the middle of a meeting and asked if they could call back, which they did but late in the day. Too late to have been helpful if I had needed support. I explained to them that the problem was fixed but I wasn't at all happy with the service I received. So much so that I would be looking at other options for our phone service. To which he replied "okay, no problem". This is supposed to be your "next level" support staff??
I am not the type of person that raises my voice or becomes unreasonable without justification. I was respectful and as patient as I could be especially considering the stressful situation of not being able to conduct our business due to a non functioning phone system. I also understand that other people can have a "bad day", but to treat a long time customer with a history of no complaints in a matter that shows my business is not even wanted has to come from a business practice that supports this level of service. Hopefully this email is viewed by someone that won't simply delete it ... as I said, I have more reason to believe the service level and RingCentral is awesome. But since it has been several years since my last good experience, I am not sure if the business practices have changed.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Thanks for post.  We have located the related support case and are following up on this with you.  I see a callback is scheduled, but if there are any other concerns please don't' hesitate to post here so we can escalate.

Mike

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

this-guy4866 avatar image
this-guy4866 answered ·
Hi Mike, I apologize for the previous long winded post. The issue has been resolved. My question is simply "has the support at ring central changed so that I will now have to wait for 24-48 hours for a support call if my Phone stops working?"
1 comment Share

This is not the type of service we aim to provide, however there several things that will need to be reviewed by our QA team before I, or anyone can comment.  However, I do agree that one-way audio, or any type of phone outage should be handled promptly.  I'll be sharing this information with our QA team and upper management so that it gets formally reviewed.  In the mean-time if you ever have another similar situation that you do not feel has been handled properly, or as promptly as necessary, please post here on the Community again so we can escalate the issue.  Thanks!

Mike
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces