question

sdekuyper avatar image
sdekuyper asked ·

Sound Setting Not Recognizing My Headset

My RingCentral for Mac app is no longer recognizing my Plantronics bluetooth headset. It will only do so if I make my headset my system input/output. This seems to have occurred just after installing the most recent update.
headsetrecognized
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
What version of the app did you just install?  If you want to try rolling back to the previous version just reply and I'll email you a download link.

Mike

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

sdekuyper avatar image
sdekuyper answered ·
Thanks Mike. I just got an email the other day for an update. It now says 
"Release: 8.4.5.25218 (64-bit)"

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Did you already check the Settings > Sound screen and make sure it's selected from the drop-down menu?

If everything looks correct, but still not working, check your email for a download link, to roll back and see if this fixes the problem.  If it does we may need to escalate a case.

Mike

sdekuyper avatar image
sdekuyper answered ·
Hi Mike: This has gone from bad to worse. I have upgraded to the new version and then revert to the old version and none of them recognizes my headset. They recognized another headset, but not the one I want.

So I try the other headset and now I can only use the RingOut function that requires me to put the call through my mobile phone.

I am trying to run a business here and this is really hurting my ability to make money.

sdekuyper avatar image
sdekuyper answered ·
Just to confirm it is a bluetooth headset, not USB.

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
sdekuyper,  What is the model of headset/device you are using?  Also, have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the hub software?  Also, if you are only able to use the RingOut function, that might just be a configuration setting. 

Also.. if it's a bluetooth device, I'm assuming it has some sort of USB adapter or dongle that plugs into a USB port Correct?  If so be sure to unplug reboot PC, reinsert etc.

If all of this still does not work please reply back.

sdekuyper avatar image
sdekuyper answered ·
I figured out the RingOut issue- I had to deauthorize my computer and then sign back in again.

Re: the headset, it is a Plantronics Voyager 5200 UC Bluetooth Headset System. I tried the dongle, but there seems to be an issue, perhaps not related to RingCentral. I had however, used it directly with Bluetooth until the latest update, which seemed to affect my settings.

sdekuyper avatar image
sdekuyper answered ·
I contacted Plantronics and they sorted it out for me.

Thanks for your help.
1 comment Share

OK.. Great!  Thank you for the follow up!

Mike
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces