question

rodneyd avatar image
rodneyd asked ·

Can I call someone Voice Mail without dialing their phone to leave a message?

I know how to transfer callers to Voicemail but I want to just send a message to a phone without calling them 1st. How can I send a message directly into a voice mail box.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

matt-mikolajczyk avatar image
matt-mikolajczyk answered ·
Rodney,
Try these steps:

Transfer to Voicemail

1.       Press and hold Transfer

2.       Press 2 for Blind, then press Select

3.       Press *0 then Extension Number

4.       Press Send

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

chris-duquette avatar image
chris-duquette answered ·
if its got to be a call wouldn't see how to make that happen, but there's always glip :), but i see what your saying, the samsung PBXs i sell you can hit # and the persons ext and leave a message without their phone ringing, the person then is notified they have a message by message indicating lamp and button flashing.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered ·
You can just call and extension and then #.  Not altogether, but dial the extension and then right as it starts playing connecting message press #.
3 comments Share

nice, ill have to try that out.
0 Likes 0 · ·
It is probably dependent on having  Set up a connecting message enabled under user > screening, greeting & hold.  But, that is on at default, I think.
1 Like 1 · ·
yeah if there's no connecting message it may not work, but at least its another way to try and make it happen capp'n
1 Like 1 · ·
mike avatar image
mike answered ·
RodneyD..... Were you actually referring to situations where you are not transferring another caller? You are calling them direct?  If so, there's not a way to do that. 

Mike

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces