question

technosys-computers1 avatar image
technosys-computers1 asked jessica-community-moderator commented

text messages

is there any way i can select all contacts in one time to send text messages from ring central app

sending sms
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike Deactivated answered
There is a little work around that will allow you to do this.  You can create a Group/Queue for all the users that you want to text, and then send the text to the group. 

However one limitation to this is that when any of those users reply it does not maintain the group format and all reply's become 1-1 conversations.   But if you are just needing this to broadcast company announcements or something like that, then it will probably work fine.

Mike
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

teresa-fontanilla11990 avatar image
teresa-fontanilla11990 answered jessica-community-moderator commented
Group Texting needs to be fixed.  I have to reply to the group but keep getting  "Your phone number used in this thread is no longer available.".  I choose my number, and then it states I have no valid numbers (null).  You should just be able to reply to a group message. If you know of a workaround, please let me know.

1 comment
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Teresa, 

Please vote for this here, we understand the need for an improved group texting functionality. 
1 Like 1 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app