question

sol avatar image
sol asked ·

Windows 10 Fax Printer Not Showing Up After Update to Version 9.1.1.27091

I updated RingCentral on Windows 10 to version 9.1.1.27091. I was able to print to the RingCentral fax printer just prior to the update. After the update, the fax printer no longer existed. I attempted the steps given in the attached link but they did not apply. I rebooted my computer. Still no fax printer. I completely uninstalled the RingCentral software and cleaned the registry before installing the RingCentral from scratch. Still no fax printer. This has happened on two different computers now.

This computer is Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Version 1703, Build 15063.413, 12 GB RAM
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

leschek avatar image
leschek answered ·
Having the same problem. No response from Tech support yet.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

julie avatar image
julie answered ·
We are also having the same problem after the update.

danielle-flores avatar image
danielle-flores answered ·
Me as well. :(

daisy-a. avatar image
daisy-a. answered ·
Please open the desktop app, click View Settings icon>Messaging>Install Driver. That should fix it :)
1 comment Share

This did work for me although it would have been nice to get a heads up that the upgrade was going to uninstall the print driver and to reinstall it you had to do it through the settings which was new.  It would have saved a lot of hassle uninstalling and re-installing the program trying to get a print driver.
1 Like 1 · ·
sol avatar image
sol answered ·
That worked. Thanks for the instructions.

leschek avatar image
leschek answered ·
Same. I would think that would be the default option. Never had to do that before. Would have save me a lot of aggravation.

eric-frankel avatar image
eric-frankel answered ·
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Print driver has disappeared.. Missing print driver windows 10, latest version of desktop app for ring central.  Can I download the driver?

eric-frankel avatar image
eric-frankel answered ·
While this solution worked, prior versions of the desktop app installed the print driver without needing to be nudged like this.  It would be better to automatically install the driver as implied by Leschek.  If it ain't broke don't fix it to aggravate the user base.

cglassy avatar image
cglassy answered ·
06-22-2017 Here is a Step By Step How To install the driver from your RingCentral for Windows Desktop software, it only take about 1 minute   https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5jORN3wB9xJcHlCVGg4am1UZGM

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
The latest version of RingCentral desktop contains an option to install the Internet Fax.  Go to Settings > Messaging and you'll see the button shown below.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces