question

joe.acunzo avatar image
joe.acunzo asked ·

Desktop App Receiving Multiple Extensions - How to Manually Forward Incoming Call to Mobile Phone

I have my desktop Windows app setup to receive three different extensions: 1, 2 and 316.  I'm logged into the desktop app using extension 316, and I do receive calls for extension 1 and 2 as well, works great.  When I receive a call to extension 316, I can manually forward to my mobile phone.  But when an incoming caller presses for extension 1 or 2, the Forward button is disabled.

How can I manually forward when the incoming call is to extension 1 or 2 also?

BTW, this used to work for me, but lost the ability after one of the updates I believe.  (May have been some time ago, not the recent update.)

Thanks,
Joe A.

topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
danno avatar image
danno answered ·
Have you tried making 1 and 2 presence keys (with ringing permission) to ext. 316?
9 comments Share
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bingo
1 Like 1 · ·
Thanks for the repy Chris  I just read about "presence keys", and not sure that's a solution or not.  There are no physical handsets involved, if that matters.  This feature used to work prior to an update a while back.  I can see the Forward option on my desktop app when a call comes in on extension 1 and 2, but cannot use it like I used to as it is disabled.  I just want it back.
1 Like 1 · ·
So, to recap, the three extensions (1, 2 & 316) are not tied to a physical phone - is that right?  Are you being charged for a Digital Line for any of those three extensions?
1 Like 1 · ·
Correct, I have zero physical phones, and not being charged for a digital line for those extensions.  Again, keep in mind this used to work fine for me.  They changed something in the Windows desktop app, and/or some setting of mine got changed that "broke" this ability.  Also keep in mind I still *can* manually Forward when the call comes to x316.
1 Like 1 · ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces