question

joeacunzo6395 avatar image
joeacunzo6395 asked carl-garcia15111 commented

Ring Desktop App but not Mobile App

When I receive a call, the desktop app on Windows *and* my mobile app ring simultaneously as I have in the mobile app set for "First ring" to be "Desktop apps and Smartphones". I just want the desktop app to ring, not the mobile app, but I want to stay logged into my mobile app to easily check voicemail. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Joe A.

call handling
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

nathan-malone1532 avatar image
nathan-malone1532 answered carl-garcia15111 commented
Hello Joe,

If you open the setting menu on the Mobile app and disable the option labeled "Data (VoIP) Calling" this will stop call calls from coming to your Mobile app. You can stay logged in and view your logs and the like.

The only thing would be that if you want to do an outbound call from the app you would need to turn the option back on.

Thanks!
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

carl-garcia15111 avatar image carl-garcia15111 commented ·
What about when you're answering the call on your RingCentral mobile App and not the RingCentral Phone? I think separating the Desktop from the Mobile App is something that is needed ASAP.

We created a Group for Sales and Customer Service in our RingCentral. While I'm in the office, I don't mind receiving these calls on my Desktop but not when I'm away from the office. The staff that is available and working in the office should be handling these calls. Otherwise, everytime the customer service line or sales lines ring, I get the call on my mobile app as well. This doesn't make any sense. There should be a fix or workaround for this.
1 Like 1 ·
joeacunzo6395 avatar image
joeacunzo6395 answered
Perfect, thanks.  Now I recall I had previously turned "Data (VoIP) Calling" off for this very reason.  I think an update of the app enabled it again.  Thanks again.
1 |3000

chris-duquette4018 avatar image
chris-duquette4018 answered
i think the option to separate the 2 would be great, and to make my deskset ring before my mobile app. Having to turn that on or off when im in or out of the office to avoid 3 or more devices between my office staff and i ringing at the sametime for every call.
1 |3000

sam-arnold7523 avatar image
sam-arnold7523 answered
I downloaded RingCentral for Desktop Version 9.2.1- I went to Settings>Contacts and switched on 'View Outlook Contacts', it doesn't specify the name of the outlook accounts. It only shows 'outlook account' three times; I have multiple outlook accounts so I don't know which one is linked to the Desktop app. It would be much better if it would show the specific outlook email.
1 |3000

M avatar image
M answered
Hi, It seems that since it turns the Data (VoIP) Calling function on automatically (like Joe said, it may be the update that had caused it), it would also be great if we could ensure it did not turn on unless it was manually selected. 

Thanks!
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app