question

daven-lucy6459 avatar image
daven-lucy6459 asked jason-spindler4717 answered

504g with sidecar how to setup

We have 504g's that we want to program the sidecars to be able to select a button to initiate an outside call. RC telling us not an option only internal calls

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Chuck Fuscone avatar image
Chuck Fuscone answered Chuck Fuscone commented
Daven, that is a true statement, the side car does not add lines.

Explain what you are trying to accomplish and maybe we could assist.  Most side cars are used for outbound speed dials, park locations, and other phones with in the Ring Central account.

Just explain and we will help

thanks

Chuck Fuscone
Certified RC Installer
Chuck@yoritguy.com
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

daven-lucy6459 avatar image daven-lucy6459 commented ·
We want to program to be able to call out to an outside number via speed dial (customer, family, employee cell phones our other facility etc. . We were using another provider and these were simple to program to be able to pick up handset, select appropriate button and call goes out.  
0 Likes 0 ·
Chuck Fuscone avatar image Chuck Fuscone commented ·
ok, that makes sense.

E-mail me and I could explain how to accomplish this

I do this all the time for my customers.

Simple process

Chuck
224 220 9870
Chuck@yoritguy.com
0 Likes 0 ·
philipdenton13606 avatar image
philipdenton13606 answered
Did this sidecar have the paper insert (SPA500S) or was it digital (SPA500DS)?  I'm having issues getting a SPA500DS to work with a SPA525G2.  The phone detects the module but the config doesn't seem to have been pushed down.
1 |3000

jason-spindler4717 avatar image
jason-spindler4717 answered
I need to do this too.  I want it to dial a number (as opposed to an extension), so it can be recognized by my CRM.  
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app