question

lindy-williams avatar image
lindy-williams asked ·

Is it possible to assign a single user to receive calls from multiple choices in our greeting (aka phone tree)?

Hello and apologies if this has been answered already. I'm hoping to enable to following:

When a customer calls our main number and receives our greeting, I would love to enable selections for the following (for example):

- Press 1 for new business inquiries
- Press 2 for customer service issues related to our shop/website
- Press 3 for Jane Doe
- Press 4 for John Smith

However, behind the scenes, when the customer presses 1 (for new client inquiries) I want that call routed to Jane Doe's extension and when they press 2 (for customer service) I want that call routed to John Smith's extension.

Thanks!
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Chuck Fuscone avatar image
Chuck Fuscone answered ·
Hi Lindy, this could be done no problem.  It is easier if you are on the premium plan with the advanced IVR.  If not then Extension numbers and greetings will have to be configured to meet the need

What plan are you on today?
2 comments Share
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Hi, I am entering speed dials directly on the phone since we did not find a way to enter non-corporate directory numbers in the desktop app (HUD).
The reason for the above is to have on speed dial recurring web meeting numbers, including the meeting ID, thus requiring a pause, eg: 617-123-45678   , 1234567#
0 Likes 0 · ·
Try using an Asterics as the pause.  ****

I have found that it works.

try and let us know but these have to be setup in RC not on the phone

Chuck
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces