question

john-walker6353 avatar image
john-walker6353 asked ·

Mobile App Transferring Issues

Whenever a user transfers a call on their Mobile App to another extension, it rings that user's mobile phone back after they transfer it. Is anyone else having this issue?

I've put in a case with RC about it and have given them multiple examples but they have not helped. They just keep asking for more examples?
General Topic
1 comment
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Hey Suze!

Ok, so I found out that this is a known issue (semi-rare) and doesn't always occur for everyone. Which explains why I was able to replicate it on my test account but my Tier 3 colleague couldn't replicate it on their test account. 

So, what we need from you, Suze (and anyone else having this issue), is to open a case and include the following:

1) Call Sample (just like you did earlier - the most recent the better)
2) Debug logs for the softphone (if you don't feel comfortable the support agent can help you!)
3) Debug logs for the mobile app (same thing as I mentioned above)
4) JIRA IOS-23556 (for iOS mobile app) & JIRA AB-22338 (for Android mobile app)

The workaround at this time is to complete a warm transfer as opposed to the blind transfer.

0 Likes 0 ·
danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered ·
Verify if they are doing a "blind" transfer or a "consultative" transfer.
18 comments

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

All issues have been on an iPhone. When they go to transfer, there is no option for a type of transfer. It's just press transfer, type in the name/extension and that's it.
1 Like 1 ·
The particular issues that I've been experiencing have been from calls that come through a call queue
1 Like 1 ·
Ohhhhhh.  Let me test that and see if can find it.  So, to confirm, the call comes into the Queue and is answered on the mobile APP - is the transfer to a user or to another Queue?
1 Like 1 ·
Transferring a call queue call answered on the mobile app to a specific user.
1 Like 1 ·
This is a call example where it rang back. Crystal transferred the call to Jessica, but it rang her back. Everything in the log looks normal.
1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
john-walker6353 avatar image
john-walker6353 answered ·
Yes, this is still happening for us as far as I know. I've just told my users in the call queues to stop using the mobile phone app.
1 comment

Hey John, can you give me a full breakdown of which call queue/user this is affecting? You can also give me extension numbers, it will help me narrow things down :)
0 Likes 0 ·
jennifer-brogren avatar image
jennifer-brogren answered ·
I could use some help with this also.  When I answer a call from a call queue (option 2 in our system) and attempt to transfer that call to extension 102, my own phone rings again.  We are all on mobiles, if that makes a difference.  I tried to sort it out with the phone support team yesterday but we didn't get anywhere.

5 comments

Hey Jennifer! Could you give me a Call Sample when this happened so I can take a look at it? :)
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi, Saadet!  Thank you for your email.  Looking at my call history, I believe this to be an accurate example.  Thank you in advance for your help!

Called Number: 859-533-9444
Calling Number:  830-387-2870, Option (Call Queue) 2
Date: January 18, 2018
Time and Time Zone: 4:25 PM GMT-06:00 (US Central Time)

0 Likes 0 ·
Hey Jennifer,

Hmmm....based on that call sample I don't see anything that would explain the occurrence :( Does this happen everytime you go to transfer the call?

How are you transferring the call? 
0 Likes 0 ·
It only happens with queue calls.  If someone calls my extension I can transfer without a problem.  In both cases I transfer by entering ## 102.

The phone support folks replicated the problem on Thursday, if you can see anything in those records, but that was such a mess you probably won't be able to tell which test call it was.  
0 Likes 0 ·
Hmmmm....strange! I'll follow up with the agent since your case is still open so they can gather fresh samples!
0 Likes 0 ·
Suze Howe avatar image
Suze Howe answered ·
I'm having the same issue! When I am on the Desktop App and Blind Transfer a call to another internal extension, it simultaneously rings the app on my mobile phone. 

I just ran a test and the first issue is that the call doesn't seem to be going directly to voicemail like it should be. It rang several times before going to voicemail and when I looked at the log it appeared to be doing a standard transfer instead of a blind transfer (which eventually went to voicemail because the recipient didn't pick up).

While the call is ringing the other extension, it is also ringing my extension on the mobile phone app. If I ignore the ringing, the call goes through, but it's really annoying and also not functioning the way it is supposed to!

My test call this morning was at 9:59am from 207-862-5669 to our office number at 207-866-3908. I selected our generic call option which goes to our support queue (#1), which then rang my extension (53). I picked up via my desktop app and then hit Blind Transfer to extension 50.  Both the extension and my mobile phone app rang for about 15 seconds (our standard ring time) before the call was put through to the voicemail for extension 50 at which point I hung up the call.

I hope you can figure out what is going on because it is really annoying! Thank you!
4 comments

Hey Suze,

Thanks for providing that call sample. The call log doesn't show anything abnormal and I checked your settings (as well as extension 53) and nothing looks wrong/the reason for causing this behavior.

I spoke with a Tier 3 rep and we tested it just now - this is what we did:

1) First test was Ext 1 receiving a direct call on their hardphone, then transferring the call to Ext 3. Ext 1 had the mobile app up during this time. The call successfully transferred to Ext 3 without ringing Ext 1's mobile app.

2) Second test was Ext 1 received a call from the call queue - again on their hardphone. The call was then transferred to Ext 3. The call transferred over without ringing Ext 1's mobile app.

We were not able to replicate what you're experiencing :(

So! What happens when you try example 1 from above? Does this happen to you for every call (that comes into the call queue) that gets transferred to a different extension? Or just sometimes?

0 Likes 0 ·
Sorry, I think I didn't explain this well enough. I'm not having a problem with the desk phone (the hardphone) - the problem is when I answer the call using the app on my computer and try to transfer. When I do, it rings both the receipient's extension as well as the app on my mobile phone.

It may have something to do with having the app running in two different places? Or an issue with the Windows app?

This happens every time I try to transfer using the computer app.
0 Likes 0 ·
What version of the softphone and mobile app are you on, Suze?

I'm going to continue to test!
0 Likes 0 ·
The computer app is Windows version 9.3.5.28675 and the phone is Android version 9.4.2.1.7.  Thank you!
0 Likes 0 ·
Jason Darrough avatar image
Jason Darrough answered ·
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Transferring any call rings my cell phone. Polycom VVX601 

We have an office setup and any time I transfer a call from my handset, either to an external number or another extension inside our network it also opens the RC app on my cell phone and rings. It still actually transfers the call to the intended number or extension but it rings my cell phone briefly, 2 times or so. I can see on the handset screen that it is ringing the other person at the same time. I'm the only one out of 15 users experiencing this. 

Anybody else had this or know what setting I need to change to stop it? Thank you. 

ms13439 avatar image
ms13439 answered ·
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Transferred calls also show up on RingCentral phone app. When transferring a phone call from a RingCentral handset (a PolyCom VVX201 model) to another user, it rings through the RingCentral app installed on my smartphone even after the call has connected to the other user. This occurs even after any other contact phone numbers are removed from my Call Handling/Forwarding settings, and the RC app is made inactive in Settings. Is there any explanation for this happening, or how to stop it from happening aside from uninstalling the app?

Thank you.

daniel-huls13553 avatar image
daniel-huls13553 answered ·
This is happening to us too.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app