question

gene-marrano avatar image
gene-marrano asked ·

When will Ring Central combine the software for Desktop, Glip and Meetings?

What is the current status of integrating Desktop, Glip and Meetings into one App. We've been told "it's very close" should be out this quarter.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

chris-duquette avatar image
chris-duquette answered ·
i feel like theyre close since glip already has a button on the menu in the mobile app. we shall see
1 comment Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Yes Chris, they are making good progress. Everyone be sure to update your Glp mobile app to see the new features! Mike
0 Likes 0 · ·
gene-marrano answered ·
close but no cigar. My rep told me it was supposed to be out in the 1st quarter of 2017. Then they said 2nd quarter. 

mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Sorry but we don't have an ETA yet. And I appoligize if your yep misinformed you, but on a major product update like this, our product team will generaly not release any ETA because there are too many variables that could cause the date to be pushed back, which only leads to further frustration.

Mike

gene-marrano answered ·
Thanks for your reply Mike. But this really is frustrating in that part of our decision to go with Ring Central was the fact that there would be a comprehensive single application for this service. We feel a lot like someone (it could be sales, it could be operations-I don't know) is pushing our bad information just to sign up clients. This was a significant step for us and we have software that is confusing at best to try to train employees on. It has significantly slowed our adoption process and the fact that you're saying there is NO ETA just infuriates me more as it sounds very open ended. 
I would like to get in touch with someone at a high level in engineering or product staff to discuss this further. Can you point me in the right direction? 
1 comment Share

Gene,  Just letting you know that I am looking into this. I'll have someone contact you.

Mike
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces