question

tax avatar image
tax asked Jennifer Reynolds answered

Texting is a main part of my business and now part of my sales process, so is there a way to get reports of how many text each user sends?

I am with Clean Slate Tax, users of RingCentral and we use texting more to reach our clients that we made it part of our sales process. Is there any way to get reports of users for the amount of texts sent, when, and so on? If there isn't, then is there a way to get reports of how many text each user sends? I would like to request that.

sms and text messaging
5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

daniel-roth avatar image daniel-roth commented ·

We have the same issue. A significant amount of our time is spent texting. I need reporting by user and total volume on inbound and outbound texts.

0 Likes 0 ·
tom-franciosi3602 avatar image tom-franciosi3602 commented ·

I have the same concern not that RC will be charging for text messaging use. I need to know who is using texts so I can manage their use.

0 Likes 0 ·
John Harger avatar image John Harger tom-franciosi3602 commented ·

@tom-franciosi what exactly would you be needing for SMS reporting purposes?

0 Likes 0 ·
tom-franciosi3602 avatar image tom-franciosi3602 John Harger commented ·

I would like to be able to see who (people and call queues) is using SMS with volume and costs. Total volume and cost for outbound and inbound. Alerting beyond when the prepurchased volume is exceeded would be helpful to make sure I don't get a scary high invoice when it's too late to react. Perhaps set dollar thresholds to alert on when exceded. At this point, I need simple usage reporting. That may identify the need for setting limits on users or phone numbers to control excessive usage. Knowing who my big consumers are at least lets me know who to talk to.

Up to this point, I have had no visibility into our use and don't know what questions to ask about that use. So it's hard to state exactly what I need for reporting.

0 Likes 0 ·
John Harger avatar image John Harger commented ·

Thanks @tom-franciosi great info!

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

This idea is a future consideration. Please vote for this feature at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/ENTCOM-I-58.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jennifer Reynolds avatar image
Jennifer Reynolds answered

where is this? the ideas link goes to nowhere.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app