question

lux1 avatar image
lux1 asked ·

Why is there no auto responder for SMS?

I have been a RingCentral customer for seven years.  I am really annoyed that RC will not create a simple SMS Auto Responder.  I do not want my clients to SMS to my RC numbers,  yet they do it on a regular basis.  I can't stop them, but if RC could create an auto responder then my clients would immediately know not to SMS to us.  Their SMS's to us are outside of our workflow and are disruptive.  I do not want to ignore them but would like my clients to automatically receive a message that says "please contact us via email or phone, Text messages not monitored".  I do not understand why this simple function is ignored by RC.  In addition,  speaking to customer reps on the phone about this issue is always a bit of waste of time.   If you want an auto SMS responder,  please let RC know. 
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered ·
You should be able to pull this of with zapier.  Check this thread for ideas:  https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/auto-text-responder

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces