question

sinkoff avatar image
sinkoff asked Becky-Community_Manager edited

My desktop ringcentral app doesn't work well with my Plantronics Voyager Focus UC.

My desktop voip ringcentral app (version 9.1.6.27106) doesn't work well with my Plantronics Voyager Focus UC. The headset works perfectly with the RingCentral for meetings, just not with the desktop app for the phone. I have tried with both the dongle and direct bluetooth connection to my Dell XPS laptop running Win 10 (latest version). The connection with direct bluetooth connection is all staticy or breaks up and my customers complain about it.  With the dongle, it is excellent, but the app crashes all the time, and does some crazy stuff.  The headset works perfectly with my cell phone and through the meetings app, but not with the voip phone app.  RingCentral can't seem to fix this issue and it is bad enough that I am considering changing systems (not headsets). Does anyone have a similar situation and perhaps a fix?
hardware
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered randy-marsden8416 commented
Hello Sinkoff,

I'm curious, does this occur with another headset? Or is it just the Voyager?
17 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

samrizzo6419 avatar image samrizzo6419 commented ·
Sinkoff, from the sound of it you may need to disable the plantronics headset enhanced feature in the softphone app. Could you try toggling this setting off and let me know if the issue persists?

1 Like 1 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Also, have you verified that your network is set up according to these parameters? The meetings application does use different ports compared to the desktop app which could explain why there is a difference between the two.
0 Likes 0 ·
sinkoff avatar image sinkoff commented ·
I have been using RingCentral for almost 2 years and this has been an issue, but now it is unusable.  My headset works perfectly with RingCentral Meetings and directly to my cell phone, just the desktop app doesn't have the quality that is effective for use.  
0 Likes 0 ·
sinkoff avatar image sinkoff commented ·
Just with the Voyager when connecting through the bluetooth of the laptop directly.  If I use the dongle from the Voyager, it sounds perfect, but for some reason, the dongle makes the RingCentral desktop app crash, so that doesn't work as a solution
0 Likes 0 ·
Do you have the same issue if you log into the desktop app, but on another computer, and use the same headset? This sort of thing helps us to learn more and narrow down what might be the root cause.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Jim Blankenship avatar image
Jim Blankenship answered mike Deactivated commented
I am having the same issue. Newly-purchased Voyager UC as recommended. All firmware is up-to-date on the Plantronics side. My desktop software says it's up-to-date (version 9.3.5.28675). Any time the Plantronics Hub software is running and connected, the RingCentral software crashes shortly after. Disabling the Hub software allows the RC software to run, but as mentioned by many, it takes away the features of the Plantronics headset. 

Please provide a solution!

5 comments
1 |3000

Hi Jim, your issues should resolve with the 9.4 release of the desktop application. All accounts will be upgraded by the end of January, if not sooner. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you're still having issues once your desktop app has been upgraded, please open a case so we can collect more information.
1 Like 1 ·
mike avatar image mike commented ·
9.4 is publicly available to all users.  You can download it here if your app hasn't prompted you:  Download RingCentral for Desktop.
1 Like 1 ·
Jim Blankenship avatar image Jim Blankenship commented ·
The end of January has come and gone, and yet I still have not gotten the 9.4 update. Any chance it can be specifically pushed out to my account?
0 Likes 0 ·
Jim Blankenship avatar image Jim Blankenship commented ·
Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
mike avatar image mike commented ·
You're welcome!!! :) 
0 Likes 0 ·
jeff-grillion13389 avatar image
jeff-grillion13389 answered
I have the the same Voyager Focus headset ("pretty much the best money can buy" from what I was told when I bought it) and it worked pretty well with my iphone but when i switched to a droid it got really ugly! Every time i want to use the headset with the RC App on my new phone, the Note9 Samsung, i have to uninstall the RC App and reinstall to pair. It works for a day or so and then i get a call and find my headset is no longer paired. So i call RC Support and the girl tells me i need to uninstall and reinstall the app every time i want to use the headset. Are you kidding me? ? I am so fed up trying to figure this out on my own i need some help or need to find a new VOIP provider. Sounds like they have been having issues with the Best Plantronics headset that is recommended on their website and by their sales reps but its really a let down.  PLT support tells me to call RC and RC tells me to contact PLT. I am about done with both of them! Such a let down
1 |3000

cglassy3135 avatar image
cglassy3135 answered

USA-based acct | 2287 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets

2019-01-07 Please follow our progress as we track this issue for use of Bluetooth Headsets with RingCentral Desktop and Mobile Apps - they are aware this issue is hobbling many many users and are working towards a better solution

http://ringcentraladminusersgroup.org/faq/headsets.html

1 |3000

rio-may avatar image
rio-may answered

I'm having this exact issue! My headset works well on my desktop for everything except Ring Central Calls. Customers tell me that I sound extremely quiet, and I constantly have to switch to my mobile device. Has there been a solution to this issue since 2018??

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app