question

justin-rollin avatar image
justin-rollin asked ·

Forwarding a cell phone to my ring central account

My company recently purchased another company. Am I able to use the purchased companies cell phone number and have it forwarded to my ring central?k to
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

justin-rollin avatar image
justin-rollin answered ·
How would I go about doing that?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Chuck Fuscone avatar image
Chuck Fuscone answered ·
How about just porting it over.

That would be the best option.

Chuck
Certified RC consultant
Chuck@yoritguy.com

epalombizio avatar image
epalombizio answered ·
Justin,
    If you want a quick workaround while you are researching/verifying the porting process, you can just enable unconditional forwarding on the mobile phone.

E

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered ·
Here's the lowdown on how to submit a port request yourself if you you are super admin on the RingCentral account and have access to the cell phone phone bill and account info:  https://success.ringcentral.com/articles/RC_Knowledge_Article/5-10-Transferring-your-Phone-Number-to... I suppose you have considered you can just forward the cell phone to number on your account in the meantime too.

Chuck Fuscone avatar image
Chuck Fuscone answered ·
Justin are you working with someone at RC to help with these type of things?

there is a process with in Ring Central to port the number but if you have never doen this before there could be a few gotchas.

Contact me and I could assist you.

Chuck 
Chuck@yoritguy.com

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces