question

josh-chandler avatar image
josh-chandler asked ·

RC Chrome Extension - No Audio Through Plantronics Bluetooth Headset

I have a Plantronics Voyager that is working fine with the RC softphone application for Win 10. However, it is not receiving audio through the CHROME extension. I do not hear anyone and they don't hear me. 

I've run all of the typical windows and RC troubleshooting and can't seem to figure out what is wrong. 

Love the "click to call" in Chrome, but can't hear anyone! Help!
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

samrizzo6419 avatar image
samrizzo6419 answered ·
Hello Josh,

In order for the voyager to work properly with the chrome extension, it will need to be set as your default device on the computer.

To do this, right click on the volume icon in your system tray, and select playback devices. From there, make sure your voyager is the default (to set as default, right click and select the option)

Do the same for recording devices.

Let me know if this has solved your issue, or if you are still having troubles getting your headset to work with the chrome extension!

Thanks,
Sam

4 comments Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Spot-on! This worked exactly the way it was supposed to. Thank you!
1 Like 1 · ·
You're very welcome Josh, hope you're having a great Labor Day!
1 Like 1 · ·
I can take calls using my headset, but none of the buttons on the headset work with the Chrome app. For instance, I am supposed to be able to press a button to answer or end a call.However, that doesn't do anything. Is there anything I can do to help this?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hey Andrea

Unfortunately this is not going to work for the chrome integration. For our native application, we have a native integration with Plantronics and their headsets, however if you turn this integration off, the buttons also won't work within the native app. The chrome extension does not have this functionality built into it, and will not allow you to use the buttons on the headset to interact with the chrome extension.

Thanks,
Sam
0 Likes 0 · ·
patrick-h10467 avatar image
patrick-h10467 answered ·
This does not seem to work on mac... any suggestions?
1 comment Share

Hey Patrick, could you provide more details on what you've tried and what you're trying to accomplish?
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces