question

jessica-majeski6975 avatar image
jessica-majeski6975 asked ·

Recorded Call Not Saved

I just finished a call that I recorded - it was a conference call, so there were 3 parties on the call - 2 of which were RingCentral and one outside caller. I called my colleague, hit record, then added in the 3rd caller. Then at the end of the call, my colleague hung up first, then I hit "stop" right as the outside caller hung up. The recording, thus, did not save. This was a very important call that I needed the information from, and it is very frustrating that it didn't save. 

Why don't recorded calls automatically save? If I forget to hit stop, I feel like it should know to stop and save the call. 
General Topic
1 |1500 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hello Jessica,

Did you check your extension's messages? When you start a conference call, the recording saves on your extension.

If you have a recording saved it will show up on the left-hand side. Let me know if it's there!

1 comment

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Yes, I checked my recordings section and the recording isn't there :( That's what prompted my post. Just frustrating but hopefully there will be a fix for it some day. I think it's because the call ended before I was able to hit "stop" on the recording.
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-majeski6975 answered ·
Or maybe the issue is that I needed to hit record AGAIN once I added in the 3rd caller?

Hey Jessica,

I made this post private so I could share this screen shot. Is this the recording or no?

jessica-majeski6975 answered ·
Hi Saadet - no, there was a second call that occurred after that (we got disconnected). The call lasted around 45-50 minutes. 

Hey Jessica,

Well shoot! :(

You don't need to hit record again after another person joins and if someone else disconnects the call the recording should still be retained.

You could always open up a case, provide the call sample (must be within 24 hours), and we can investigate it. It's possible, though, that this is one of those fluke occurrences where something just went awry.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app