question

robin7003 avatar image
robin7003 asked ·

Cannot Locate Softphone

I have been using the Softphone for about 10 years now with the same number.  Suddenly, I am unable to find the phone on my desktop either to authorize or de-authorize or even purchase another softphone.  This has been going on for about a week and because I have had patients all week I have not been able to take the time to interact with customer service.  It's making me crazy!  I tried to post a comment with customer support and it appears that none of the support attempts have been logged, and I get put into a loop at customer service with a message that states they are available Monday through Friday to take my call, and it is Thursday, but no human being ever comes to the phone...Could I possibly be in the Twilight Zone? Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Desktop App: "RingOut" vs "Direct Dial"?.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadet.swift avatar image
saadet.swift answered ·
Hello Robin,

I see you have case 06169257 open with us. The technician did reach out to you on 9/7/17. Did you receive a notification about it? You can check your case status by clicking the button below :)

1 comment Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

I received a notification at PDT 11:22.  This was after many days and many hours of trying to problem solve on my own. I downloaded and removed existing software, I tried to make RC my Default software, I even went backwards to an older version based on information on one of the Help sections, all to no avail.
0 Likes 0 · ·
sam.rizzo avatar image
sam.rizzo answered ·
Hello,

I just took a look at your account, and your extension does not have a softphone on it, it only has a direct dial 800 number.

You would need to go to phones and devices, and add a softphone for your user with a phone number.

From there, you will again be able to get into your softphone and authorize it.

Thanks,
Sam
7 comments Share

That would be great, only the service does not allow me to do so...and I used to have this available to me for many, many, years!
0 Likes 0 · ·
Just so I'm understanding,

When you log into your admin portal, phone system, phones and devices, and get to the buy phones section, if you select other phones, is ring central for desktop not available?

If not, instead select "existing phone" which will be directly to the left of the selection for RingCentral for Desktop.

From there, go to Phones and devices, select the existing phone, and hit change phone on it, and select Ring Central for Desktop.

If this doesn't work, you will need to setup a time for support to give you a call. If you click on the link that Saadet gave above, you can add a case note of when you would be available for a call.

Thanks,
Sam
0 Likes 0 · ·
When I get to the portal it shows no existing phones and will not allow me to purchase RingCentral for Desktop
0 Likes 0 · ·
This may sound too elementary but is there they slightest possibility that the RingCentral for Windows Desktop software got uninstalled or otherwise corrupted where it is not showing in the Admin Portal?

Have you tried uninstalling the software and then reinstalling the most current version of the software? There was just recently (2 days ago) an update that a few people reported to have minor issues with here on the forums. It's certainly worth taking a look at. The softphone does not have to be purchased but it will not show up in your listing of phones unless it is installed.

1 Like 1 · ·
yes, I did try that!
0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces