question

scott-clark avatar image
scott-clark asked mary-community-moderator edited

IP based Audio Door Entry Systems (Intercom System)

Are there any manufactures of IP based Audio Door Entry Systems (Intercom System) that operate / integrate with Ring Central 
integrations
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Chris Rosa avatar image Chris Rosa commented ·
Jumping on this thread...any idea how this could work with video and ring central?
0 Likes 0 ·
bjsvec avatar image bjsvec Chris Rosa commented ·
Many of the video entry systems work with mobile apps and desktop apps.  I have some customers doing that and they seem to like it.
1 Like 1 ·
bjsvec avatar image bjsvec Chris Rosa commented ·
Good question.  I have never done it, but I know there are SIP standards for video calls soil you match the right IP video door entry unit with a compatible phone I think it would work.  Maybe like a Polycom VVX 1500 for example.

Are you willing to order some stuff and give it a try?  I would think cyberdata or Algo would have some good video entry choices and then a Polycom or Cisco phone that supports video.

0 Likes 0 ·
Chris Rosa avatar image Chris Rosa Chris Rosa commented ·
Yes... I was looking at the CyberData SIP video intercom, but sadly it looks like our VVX-250 and 450s aren't compatible with video conferencing. I'm trying to get away from having dedicated screens/receivers now, so having to have dedicated phones is kind of a similar scenario. 

Thanks for the reply.
0 Likes 0 ·
bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
cyberdata.net would be a good bet and they have good support and know RingCentral.  Really any SIP device should be able to work with a little effort and any analog device can work with an ATA. The analog option is often good if you can reuse cable or existing equipment and pulling ethernet turns out difficult/expensive.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
Direct link to their door entry/intercom products:  http://www.cyberdata.net/products/voip/digitalanalog/intercom_endpoints.html
1 |3000

rose-lee avatar image
rose-lee answered saadetswift16514 commented
I tried the ATA Router that RingCentral recommend we purchase and we couldn't get it programmed to work. Is there a RingCentral programmer that can assist?

1 comment
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Rose, 

These types of systems are considered 3rd party, which means that our Tech Support team doesn't receive any training on it, with their being so many options. Sometimes, the company you bought your intercom system can guide you in setting things up with a VoIP provider. Always worth a shot :)
0 Likes 0 ·
mike-gustavson13338 avatar image
mike-gustavson13338 answered yutaka-ando commented
1 comment
1 |3000

yutaka-ando avatar image yutaka-ando commented ·
We are plan to install 8028 for RC system.
Can you teach how to program it?
-1 Like -1 ·
105-Jeffrey Morales avatar image
105-Jeffrey Morales answered mike-gustavson13338 commented

@mike-gustavson mike-gustavson3338 how did you get this to function as a intercom not a paging device. No one at ring central knows what to do.

@mike-gustavson mike-gustavson3338 how did you get this to function as a intercom not a paging device. No one at ring central knows what to do.

1 comment
1 |3000

mike-gustavson13338 avatar image mike-gustavson13338 commented ·

Just for visibility - I posted my response below.

0 Likes 0 ·
mike-gustavson13338 avatar image
mike-gustavson13338 answered mike-gustavson13338 commented

@105-Jeffrey Morales they're configured as 'Common Area Phones' in our system. The device itself (8028 in our case) is then configured to dial whatever it is they need to dial. For us, that's a Queue for the door (we have 2 - a front door and back door queue). It works really well.

Hope that helps!

4 comments
1 |3000

tak-it1 avatar image tak-it1 commented ·

You configured the Algo 8028 as Common Area Phones, ie: Hot Desk devices?

0 Likes 0 ·
mike-gustavson13338 avatar image mike-gustavson13338 tak-it1 commented ·

Yep - that was the direction we finally got from RC, and it's been working great.

1623216981161.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1623216981161.png (29.3 KiB)
tak-it1 avatar image tak-it1 mike-gustavson13338 commented ·

Ah gotcha. There are small differences in how the white label version of RC operates for Telus, and this is one of them. Similar to how we set it up, but slightly different. Still works the same and the logic is the same, though. Thanks for the reply!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
tak-it1 avatar image
tak-it1 answered

We typically configure them as "other phones" and simply set the Algo's internal dialing to reach a configured extension. This allows for talkback, door unlocking, etc.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app