question

tscott avatar image
tscott asked ·

Skype for Business Ringout

Is it possible to use Skype for Business to ringout to my desk phone? i.e.: Right-click a Skype contact > Call with RingCentral > Ringout to my desk phone.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
rose-gan avatar image
rose-gan answered ·
Hi CLUGY

We support direct dialling from Skype for Business integration app. RingOut is not supported in this integration.

May I know if there's any reason you'd prefer using RingOut rather than direct dialing?

Thanks,
Rose
5 comments Share
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

We require RingOut in order to use our desk phones. We do not use the softphone for making calls.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hi GLUGY,

Thanks for the explanation. We will add this capability in our next major release of Skype for Business integration.

Regards,
Rose
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hi, is there any timeline on that at all?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hi Richard, 

The GA of it is planned in 2018 Q1. We'll start a beta program before that so customers who are interested could try an early version of it.

Thanks,
Rose
1 Like 1 · ·
I would be interested in helping beta test a version that supports Ring Out to our desk phones as well, and for the the same business case as Richard.
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces