question

jenn-french avatar image
jenn-french asked ·

Cover Letter Phone/Fax Fields Do Not Work

Ring Central's fax cover sheets do not populate correct information.  I am unable to use any of the fax cover sheets because it auto-populates my fax number into the phone number field and it leaves the fax number field blank.  I called technical support and was told this is a glitch and that you need to use your own cover page instead.  This seems like a very basic tool that should be functioning already.  

Today is the last day of my free trial and I'm not sure whether to move forward with this service or not.  I sent a test fax to myself as well and the image quality is terrible.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadet.swift avatar image
saadet.swift answered ·
Hey Jenn,

I've made this thread private so you can post screen shots without displaying any private information.

Could you provide an example of this occurrence?
Also, how are you sending your fax? Is it via email, desktop app, mobile app, web portal, etc.?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jenn-french avatar image
jenn-french answered ·
Hi.  I'm sending via desktop app and mobile app.  When I was trying to send a fax this morning, before calling customer support, my fax number autopopulated into the phone number field.  I updated my phone number on the website and sent a few more tests.  It is now showing my phone number and fax number, but the formatting is not the same.  I've attached an example. https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/cover-letter-phone-fax-fields-do-not-work?utm_source=notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=new_reply&utm_content=reply_button&reply[id]=19029925

saadet.swift avatar image
saadet.swift answered ·
Hey Jenn,

For some reason the image isn't displaying correctly :/ Could you try again?
6 comments Share

Sure.  Here you go.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Thanks, Jenn, that worked!

So, what information is displaying incorrectly now/what formatting is incorrect? I want to make sure I have a firm understanding of the issue so I can better assist you :)

When you noticed the poor image quality, what device were you using to send the fax?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Thanks!  The fax would look more professional if the format matched for the phone number and the fax.  The phone number appears "18582054119" while the fax appears "(888) 593-3255."  I used my own cover sheet so that it would look professional.

I used the RingCentral desktop for Mac app to send my fax.  I've attached the cover sheet original and the confirmed fax so you can see the difference in quality.  

0 Likes 0 · ·
Hello Jenn,

Well, first off, your cover page looks very nice :)

Unfortunately, we do not offer color faxing (which is very common for faxes since most machines are not capable of converting a fax to color). If you would like you can vote on this feature here

Also, what the fax is received on does affect the quality display. For instance, some physical fax machines are not set up to view VoIP faxes (which is what we do). That's because you're taking a digital copy of a file and converting it to analog for the physical fax machine to view. So do keep that in mind. I would suggest editing your cover page to be black and white and see if that makes a difference for quality :) Let me know how it goes!
0 Likes 0 · ·
Got it - that makes sense.  It's funny to me that we still need to fax in the day of email, but sometimes you've got to do it.

And thanks!  I just started my own law firm and I love that I can use pink.  Shake things up.  

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces