question

property-management1 avatar image
property-management1 asked ·

I have about 35 scattered site property management offices...

I want to convert everyones existing land-line FAX to all Ring Central. Is this best done with 35 separate FAX numbers or with one FAX number and 35 extensions?
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mobile-management1099 avatar image
mobile-management1099 answered ·
Unless something has changed on the RC side you only have one real choice: 35 separate numbers.  You can make them all VN's instead of DID's if you want to go with a pure fax solution.  That's a drastic cost reduction.  If you're ok with the fax line also being a land line then you can make those lines DID's for dual function.

We made a similar transition but converted most the fax lines to DID's since we did a full conversion.  Where applicable we informed our customers to start faxing the main line for that particular property.

Hope this helps.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hello PROPERTY MANAGEMENT,

I would suggest contacting your Account Manager so they can go over your options :) If you don't know who that is, send me an email at community.support@ringcentral.com and I can provide that for you!

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered ·
Also, remember you can receive faxes to your main and DID numbers. So, you really don't need separate fax numbers at all technically.  I suppose your concern is that the 35 numbers are published and well known by your clients though.

nic517 avatar image
nic517 answered ·
Any word if the inbound faxing is more reliable ? Last check, there was about an 82% success rate)
1 comment Share

Since this is off topic, I have forked it to its own thread Please reference the new conversation here: Fax Reliability
0 Likes 0 · ·
bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered ·
If you have 35 published numbers you want/need to retain I don't see any other way except porting them all into RingCentral.  If you could change to a single number (maybe toll free) that might save you $ in the long run.  You could set up a new fax number quickly, publish it and then transition over a few months finally cancelling the old fax lines.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces