question

sgaars avatar image
sgaars asked ·

historical reports

I have a U.S. account and I am trying to use Historical Reports to review a daily total of inbound calls for my department. My goal is to determine averages for each day of the month, each month, etc. Part of the challenge is that the summary page only shows the total for ALL phone numbers for my company, rather than for individual phone numbers or for a group of phone numbers. The only way I can see around that is to use the customize date function and pull a report for each individual date, and then look at the Phone Number tab within the report and add up the total number of inbound calls for each phone number that comes into my department. I have been told that the data in the historical reports is only saved for a year. However, the system allows me to create a report as far back as January 1st, 2016. When I check that report though, it does seem like the number of inbound calls is unusually low. If in fact the data is only saved for 1 year, why does the system allow me to pull a report for those dates that are more than a year ago? Should I assume that the information available in the RingCentral Historical Reports for anything prior to exactly 1 year ago is inaccurate? 
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
saadet.swift avatar image
saadet.swift answered ·
Hello SGaars,

I made this post private so I could share account specific information.

So, I logged into your account to take a look. The first time I tried collecting the Historical Report from January 1st, 2016 through till today 10/24/17 I only got about 200 incoming calls on the Summary page. Assuming that was inaccurate, I checked for calls for the whole year of 2017. Obviously I got more information. After that I slowly went back in time (granted it took some time to load) but eventually I got to January 1st, 2016 which is shown below:

Now, I'm assuming that looks more accurate. However, because our data retention is set for 1 year, I'm unsure why anything is showing up. It could be a glitch in the system. What you could do to verify is contact your Account Manager and ask that they get in touch with Service Engineering to get an explanation. Personally, I would start saving these reports by downloading them. Something that might be helpful for you, in many instances, would be RingCentral Archiver.

I hope that helps!
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces