question

glen8130 avatar image
glen8130 asked ·

Transfered calls are not being recorded

I set up to automatically record all phone calls, but when a call is transfered to another person , the recording stops. I called support and the person said that the feature is not available. How can we make this feature available?

topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno avatar image
danno answered ·

Not sure how your system is set up, so Ill explain as a typical scenario  Customer calls the main number and Fred (@ext 111) answers the call.  If Fred handles the call, through its entirety, the recording is under his extension.  However, if the customer wants to talk to Amy (@ext. 222), and Fred transfers the call, the recording is under Amys extension.  However, the recording only is capturing Amys conversation and not that of Freds conversation with the customer before transferring.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

glen8130 avatar image
glen8130 answered ·
For example this call from extension 272 that I made to 786 548 6144, the beep sounded that it was recording and I spoke to the person for a few minutes.  I then used blindxtransfer and transferred the call to ext 274 and they spoke for a few minutes. But when I checked the call recording it only recorded the portion of the call with 274, but it did not record the first part when the person spoke to me in 272. The call happened at 10:06 AM. I checked the logged as an administrator.

Thank you.
5 comments Share

Hey GLEN,

I've made this conversation private so we can share account specific information. I see that your email address  jglen@premierconsumer.org is associated with 2 accounts. What is the main number of the account that this call occurred on?
0 Likes 0 · ·
305.827.9080. One thing I just found out, I do see both portion of the recording but only if I view the listing of calls as "detailed" view. If I see it as "view simple" I only see the last portion.

I wonder how that will work if I download the recordings like I usually do, will it download both portions of the calls? or only simple view?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hey Glen,

Since the call went to 2 different people, viewing the Call Log in detailed view is the way to always go. When you download Call Logs/Recordings, the information will display what is in Simple or Detailed view. So, in your case, you will need to be in Detailed view to receive all recordings.
0 Likes 0 · ·
oh no my mistake sorry, it didn't record part A of the phone call, it only recorded part B.  can you please check?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hey Glen,

So I see these 2 recordings for the call today:

Both are different parts of the call. Have you listened to them to verify?
0 Likes 0 · ·
saadet.swift avatar image
saadet.swift answered ·
Hey GLEN,

As an administrator on the account, you will be able to see the call recording in its entirety, even if a transfer has occurred, as long as both parties have automatic recording set.

However, the parties involved will only have access to their portion of the recording that they were a part of. Again, the administrator will have access to the whole recording in the Call Log.

Here is where people get caught up sometimes. 

Example: A call comes into a call queue that has automatic recording set. June answers that call but then transfers the call to Gus (who is not a part of the queue). As long as Gus has automatic recording turned on his extension, the call will continue to record. However, if Gus doesn't have automatic recording set on his extension, then only the portion that June was a part of will be available for viewing. 

Could you give an example of when the call didn't record? I can take a look at your account and verify that everything is set up properly. 

glen8130 avatar image
glen8130 answered ·
This is so strange, I saw what you sent me 20 minutes ago, and I was able to view both part A and B of the call. But when I do the search now, they won't show, so weird. It only shows part A, not sure what setting I am missing, I have it as "detailed view"
7 comments Share

Hmmm. I just took that screen shot myself. 

Can you send me a screen shot of what you see?
0 Likes 0 · ·
never mind, I was under my extension , I went to admin mode and I was able to view the.

You should also inform tech support of this, because when I had called them the said recording on transfered calls is not supported.

now I need to redownload my previous recordings, how far back recordings do I have since I have HIPPA mode.

0 Likes 0 · ·
Hey Glen,

No worries! I'm glad I could clear this up for you and I do apologize you were given incorrect information. I intend to coach the support agent who you last spoke with.

Please see our Message Storage and Account Data Retention Policy
0 Likes 0 · ·
 let me also ask you, when I download all the recordings and the call log, what format do they come in , so I can search through them?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hi Glen,

The Recordings are mp3 and the Call Log is xls. When you select Download you will have the option to simply open the file or Save it as a zip file. 

From there you will see the following:

The breakdown of the numbers are as follows: Date_Time_Extension_User_Direction_Type of Recording_RecordID 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces