question

seagrim avatar image
seagrim asked ·

Halloween theme song plays with in-coming call

When a call comes in I hear the regular ring along with a high pitched alarm sound that is similar to the theme song from Halloween. This sound is quite grating and unnecessary. How can I stop this anxiety causing sound from harshing my Monday mornings? 
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered ·
On the desktop app?  Did you look at settings > sounds to see if everything looks normal? Maybe just a sound driver glitch on your computer?  Did you try a reboot?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

seagrim avatar image
seagrim answered ·
Wow, thanks for the quick response!
Yes it is on the desktop app. 
I go Settings>Sound and I'm able to change the ringtone from "bell" to "classic."
When I play the preview for these two options I don't here the high pitched Halloween melody but when a call comes in it plays over the selected ringtone
2 comments Share

My best guess is something corrupted on your computer possibly.  I would try just a reboot first and if that doesn't solve it maybe uninstall and reinstall the desktop app.  Let us know.

0 Likes 0 · ·
Will do. Thanks for the help! 
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces