question

csr-dawn-wright avatar image
csr-dawn-wright asked ·

The update yesterday removed important features.

The update yesterday (12/8/17) left us without important features when viewing the call log. This is slowing down our productivity. We can not longer view which extension a call went to or who accepted a call. Is there anyway we can go back to the format prior? Thank you. 
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

csr-dawn-wright answered ·
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled The update yesterday removed important features.. The update yesterday (12/8/17) left us without important features when viewing the call log. This is slowing down our productivity. We can not longer view which extension a call went to or who accepted a call. Is there anyway we can go back to the format prior? Thank you. 

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

luke avatar image
luke answered ·
You should still be able to see all the details of the call like where the call went and who accepted it by viewing the detailed call log view. Take a look at our call log overview page to see how to change to this view.

If you still experience issues could you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing? Please block out any private numbers prior to posting any screenshot. Thank you.

Ours does not do that. Some people's extensions show. Some remain blank. Some extensions that go to automated recordings do not show at all. 

luke avatar image
luke answered ·
I'd like to take a look at some of the examples to see what could be changed to show the full call details. Can you provide some screenshots of the issue here, or contact our support team at 1-888-898-4591; or create a case and add screenshots with the button below.

5 comments Share

I see exactly what you mean. The new reports view in the latest update is using a new framework for the user interface. This enables us to add more features going forward, but for right now it is not able to display all the information for call queue calls it seems.

However, I did some testing and this, and you are still able to view all the information for which agents were reached or answered calls by downloading the call logs as an Excel file with the Download button above the list. Try that out and let me know if it shows the information you were looking for.
0 Likes 0 · ·
We need this information in real time so this unfortunately wouldn't help the problem. We have to be able to see who exactly is talking to who in a moment's glance to operate efficiently. 
0 Likes 0 · ·
Have you seen the Live Reports feature ? It is an add-on, but it's truly designed for the live call/queue information you're talking about whereas call logs are designed for a quick overview of calls and Historical Reports are designed for in-detail information on previous calls.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Thank you. I'd rather not ask my boss to pay extra for something when the old way was working perfectly. Is there anyway we can just switch our account back to the old format?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Sorry, It is not possible. I can truly understand your frustration with this, I would feel the same way too if something I used daily changed in a way that reduced its usability. I can assure you that updating the call logs to our new framework will allow us to bring about many improvements in the future.

I will be looking into this issue further to see if there is anything else that can be done.
0 Likes 0 · ·
When I go to "open a case" it just logs me out each time. I've tried on two different browsers. 
7 comments Share

It still just logs me out - then when I sign back in it takes me to  https://success.ringcentral.com/ each time 
0 Likes 0 · ·
If you have adblockers or other plugins in your browser, try doing it from incognito/private mode or from another browser.
0 Likes 0 · ·
It's doing this in Chrome, Chrome incognito and Firefox.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments
mike avatar image
mike answered ·
Hi CSR... 

We've checked with our product team on this one and there's a fix coming. Since you already have a case opened, you won't need to take any other action. We'll follow up on this for you. There's a good chance we can have this fixed in a day or two. 

Mike 
1 comment Share

Sounds good. Thanks!
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces