question

sheppard avatar image
sheppard asked ·

How to remove multiple contacts with same info?

I have a contact, showing up 3x with just email address.  Its not in my outlook and I can't delete contact(there is the cloud symbol).  how do I remove 2 of the 3 listed.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadet.swift avatar image
saadet.swift answered ·
Hi Sheppard,

I've made this post private so you can share account specific information. Could you provide more details? Maybe a screen shot?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

sheppard avatar image
sheppard answered ·

hi, its on my supervisors computer.  but its like

Genn sheppard

Genn sheppard

Genn sheppard

listed in contacts with just the email address.  we want to delete 2 of the 3.  when I go to open the contact to delete, there is not pencil to click there is only the little cloud, which makes the contact appear several times. 

6 comments Share

Hi Sheppard,

Where are these contacts located? Are we talking the Online Portal, Mobile App, Desktop App?

It would really help me to understand what you're looking at. 
0 Likes 0 · ·

desk top app/softphone?

looking in contacts

0 Likes 0 · ·
It sounds like it's syncing contacts from various sources.  You'll need to go to that persons computer, and take a look a their desktop app. Go to Settings > Contacts and look at the screen shown below.  See what switches are turned on/off. 

0 Likes 0 · ·
should they all be off?   I know I have view outlook contacts on
0 Likes 0 · ·
It could be what's causing the duplicate contacts listed. Without having more information it's hard to say.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces