question

granby avatar image
granby asked ·

Fax cover revision

Please add characters to the "message" box of the fax cover sheet. Since the sheet was changed (on or about 12/7/17) there is not enough room to include a necessary HIIPAA disclosure statement. This is required and not available as an option to have it permanently included as a fax cover option. Very disappointing.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadet.swift avatar image
saadet.swift answered ·
Hi Granby,

Could you provide more details? I'm not sure what "message" box you're referring to.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

granby avatar image
granby answered ·
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled cover page. I received an email asking for more details regarding the "message box".  On the fax cover page there is a section "Cover Page Notes" .  In the actual box it says "Type message here (optional)" - this area has been significantly reduced in size and only allows for about 5 lines of writing.  We are unable to include a HIPAA confidentiality statement which SHOULD be a standard component of EVERY fax.  It is quite surprising to me that this fax company does not have that as a standard option and now we are unable to cut and paste it to each fax cover page.  We fax protected health information and this is an absolute requirement.  Can this be fixed - the "old" fax cover page had plenty of space for the HIPAA disclaimer.

saadet.swift answered ·
Hi Granby,

Is this on the Softphone?

saadet.swift answered ·
Hello Granby and Myers-Garver,

Could you both provide more information? How are you initiating the fax? Which cover page template are you using?

armedforcestax avatar image
armedforcestax answered ·
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Increase Character limit on fax cover page notes. Recently RingCentral decided to limit the cover page notes section to 256 characters!!!  The prior amount used to be 1024.  This now requires me to attach a word doc to anything that is over three sentences.  I'm more than upset as I used the cover page note 85% of the time I fax.

I plan on finding another option for faxes.

office1234 avatar image
office1234 answered ·
I FULLY agree. I need those characters back!

office1234 avatar image
office1234 answered ·
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Please revert the character field for cover pages back to the old limit. I used to have over 1000 characters available on the cover page to leave a message. Your last update reduced that to 255. It's no where near enough to convey a message for my attachments and then have my HIPAA message. Please revert!!

saadet.swift answered ·
Hello Everyone,

Our Product Team is looking into this. I am awaiting a response from them on the matter. 

saadet.swift answered ·
Hello Everyone,

Our Product team is working on a resolution to this and will be pushing out a new update in a few weeks! Thank you for bringing this to our attention and for your patience :)

joel-texas avatar image
joel-texas answered ·
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled More Characters on Fax Notes Online. Due to the new update the fax notes online is reduced to 255 characters which is inconvenient specially if you are sending fax forms or fax templates and need to place in instruction on the notes.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces