question

hootsuite-app avatar image
hootsuite-app asked ·

Google Hangouts and Glip

In response to MilliganRobby on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/MilliganRobby/status/948257631038087170 I can't remove a guest from @Glip and it's driving me nuts. Also, did you remove the Google Hangouts integration?
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadet.swift avatar image
saadet.swift answered ·
Hello Rob,

Please email our Glip Support Team at support@glip.com and provide the appropriate information so we can assist you with removing a guest.

Regarding Google Hangouts, Google removed support for it. Therefore, we had to remove the integration from Glip, sadly.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Rob Milligan avatar image
Rob Milligan answered ·
Why did Google remove support?

And here's a screenshot of the issue. As you can see, there is no option to remove the guest. I used my old work account to test some features on glip, and I hate having that person show up as an option when I'm trying to assign things.

1 comment Share

Hello Rob,

That was Google's decision and we don't have that information.

Regarding assistance removing the guest, please email our Glip Support Team at  support@glip.com
0 Likes 0 · ·
cglassy avatar image
cglassy answered ·
USA-based acct | 2887 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets 

01-09-2018 Hi Saadet, is there any write up  from RingCentral about what exactly Google removed support for on this - just the Hangouts feature, or is there more that has now been removed from the Google integrations with RingCentral. We are a fully Google organization - mail, calendar, file sharing, group file drives, we use it for everything but phone service and meetings which we use RingCentral for.
1 comment Share

Hi Cecile,

RingCentral apps were not impacted, it was strictly Glip access to Hangouts API that was revoked by Google.  
So only Glip was affected - no other RingCentral apps that integrate with Google :) I hope that puts your mind at ease!
1 Like 1 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces